Release Date: 03/30/2016
Natalie’s finished We Need A Little Christmas by Lollipop Yarns
Lish’s Reyna Shawl with the beautiful Bohemia Fibers hand dyed yarn
This week’s episode is brought you you by…
Stash-A Place For Yarn is located on The 600 Block in the Central Arts District of downtown St Pete. Stash is nestled among an eclectic array of boutiques, restaurants and art galleries. It is the place for luxury yarns, classes and connecting with other fiber lovers. Paty Lyon’s will be teaching several classes in Dec. Year end clearance is coming between Christmas and New Year’s both online and in the shop! Check out the website at stashstpete.com.
Main Street Gallery is a local art and craft studio and offers a variety of services for individuals and businesses including custom screen printing, vinyl decals, graphic design, t shirts, custom artwork, murals and much more. Main Street Gallery carries products from local artists and crafters including hand knitted items and cigar box guitars.
This week’s segments include In our Hands, Masterpieces,Craft with us, Comfort Zone.
Natalie was called out on Facebook by Kenny’s Grandma! :)
In our hands: (6:53)
- Sock Recipe: A Good Plain Sock by Stephanie Pearl- McPhee, with Knit Picks Felici in Highland colorway
- Dream Stripes by Cailliau Berangere in Araucania Ranco Solid in a pink and red color. This is for my husband’s grandma.
- Uncle's Christmas Stocking by Dorene Delaney Giordano using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Sport in white and Amethyst Heather.
NOTE: Here is a link to knitting joggless stripes in the round
- Reyna by Noora Laivola with Bohemia Fibers Barefoot Bohemian Sock in Penny for Your Thoughts colorway. A hand dyed yarn from the AMC series of The Walking Dead.
- Sock Recipe: A Good Plain Sock by Stephanie Pearl- McPhee, with Patons Kroy Socks in Grey Brown Marl
- Gramps by Tin Can Knits with Lion Brand Wool-Ease in worsted Oxford Grey and Cranberry colorway
- Entrechat by Lisa Chemery with Cascade 220 Superwash in Lilac. (Inspired by JoseyBug)
- ZigZagular Socks by Susie White with JoJoLand Melody Superwash
- Basic Newborn Hat by Jennifer Jackson with Caron Sheep(ish) in Robin Egg colorway
- Baby Loafers by BebeKnits on Etsy with Caron Sheep(ish) in Robin Egg colorway
- 3 Top down socks with a fish lips kiss heel using lollipop yarns We need a little Christmas, Dancing Dog Dyeworks Twist Sock Ham & Eggs colorway, and one with some Patons Kroy Sock in the Fern Rose Jacquard colorway
- 2 mismatched hats for my SIL’s twins. I knit a hat but instead of decreasing I just seamed up the top. So cute!
- A hat for my SIL’s 4 year old that I made up. I knit a hat and put a B on it.
Note: Better Than Yarn Citric Acid Soak tutorial.
Craft with Us (32:14):
ElvesWorkshopalong: A craft along where we are encouraging our listeners to start crafting early for the holidays so they can relax and enjoy the season.
Please check out and support these sponsors who have been gracious enough to donate to our Elvesworkshopalong.
Alicia will be closing on her home on Tuesday! She touches on friendships and everyone thawing out and visiting more.
Natalie is all about budgets and bullet journals. Check out her new blog at growinguprush.wordpress.com
Thank you for joining us for episode 20 of Mastering the Knits.We’d like to thank our sponsors Stash a place for Yarn and Main Street Gallery and also all our SantaSponsors who have donated to the ElvesWorkshopalong. You can find shownotes at masteringtheknitspodcast.com or on our ravelry group Mastering the Knits Podcast. You can email us at email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter @MtKnitsPodcast and Instragram as Mastering_the_knits_podcast. I am knottyknitter17 and Natalie is barknknit on Twitter, Instragram, and Ravelry.