Physical, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual Vitality Through Detox
Release Date: 05/01/2016
Welcome! My guest today is Fran Sussman, a holistic practitioner since 1993 who has helped thousands of clients reclaim their health and vitality. She teaches people to heal their gut, balance hormones, reduce inflammation, heal their brains, combat Lyme disease, and much more. Her personal journey includes a full recovery from breast cancer and Lyme disease. Now, at age 62, Fran is grateful to live a life rich with purpose, joy, health, and vitality. Fran has a thriving private practice where she teaches online courses, including her Zen Vitality Detox, which integrates nutritional guidance, health retreats, and simple practices with huge payoffs for mind, body, and spirit. Join us!
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Fran’s early interest in nutrition and the health problems of her two children prompted her journey as a holistic practitioner
- When traditional medicine didn’t have answers for her children, Fran did her own research and found natural solutions.
- It wasn’t long before others started asking for her help in treating their own, and their children’s, health issues.
- Fran soon became ill, anxious, depressed, and unhappy as she faced her failed marriage and Lyme disease.
- “What things help people change at deeper levels?”
- The biggest change for Fran occurred as a result of her work with the renowned endocrinologist Diana Schwarzbein.
- How Fran’s son’s extreme eczema led her to homeopathic treatments and the discovery of the benefits of a gluten-free diet
- How Fran experimented with going GF, saw a huge difference, and felt that a “veil was lifted.”
- She now uses muscle testing with clients to test for gluten sensitivity.
- “Nobody should be eating gluten.”
- How Fran also has her clients remove soy and peanuts from their diets, and why
- Why there is such an increase in toxins in today’s nutrition
- How Fran uses information from basic lab tests and muscle tests to help her clients
- Fran explains the science of what gluten does to gut health, including leaky gut, hyperactive immunity, and overreacting inflammation.
- The good news is that the gut damage CAN be repaired and some foods can be added back in after 3 months to 2 years.
- Fran explains her “passion topics” of mechanistic vs. dynamic views of the body and health.
- Fran explains why women past childbearing age should NOT do cardio, but should focus on high-intensity interval training (HIT) instead.
- How interval training can make a huge difference for women
- Why Fran now uses strength training, intermittent fasting, ketosis, and yoga to maintain optimal health
- Rebuilding bones CAN happen, even after menopause!
- Vitamin K therapy—See how Fran makes it work!
How to reach Fran and more:
Registration for her Zen Vitality Detox program (5-week online course) is open NOW! Visit www.dranh.com/zendetox for more information, and enter the coupon code “dranh” for 20% off!
Now it’s your turn!
WHAT changes have you made in your diet?
HOW have those changes affected your health?
WHAT has been your biggest challenge while implementing a healthy lifestyle?
WHO do you want to hear from?
Let me know in the comments below and I will try my best to get them on the show! I want to answer your burning questions and for YOU to add your thoughts to the conversation. So go ahead and leave a comment now.
And if you want even more resources to heal yourself naturally, make sure you sign up for my email updates, because I share some insights in my email updates that I don’t share anywhere else.
Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, remember to eat consciously, because the world needs a healthy and vibrant you!
BECOME A FOOD AS MEDICINE VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- My free gift, “The Clean Eating Rules.” It’s my #1 guide for how to eat to lose weight, improve your biometrics, and get more energy.
- Summary of Pearls shared on the show
- Occasional Love Letters from Dr. Anh, where I share my favorite recipes and products, upcoming events, new information I’ve learned, and other goodies ☺