The 4 B's of Insulin Resistance: Signs and Symptoms
Release Date: 05/05/2016
Welcome! My guest today is a repeat guest, Dr. Ritamarie, who is licensed in chiropractic, with certifications in acupuncture, nutrition, and herbal medicine. She specializes in thyroid, digestion, adrenal, and insulin imbalances. She has spent the last 20 years developing systematic ways of looking at the body and cracking even the most difficult health cases. She has found that insulin resistance is the cause of more than 50% of health problems! Let’s catch up with Dr. Ritamarie!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Do you know the symptoms of insulin-resistance? Follow the Four B’s: belly fat, brain fog, burnout, and blood sugar imbalance.
- Why is insulin-resistance so important? It can cause cancer and cardiovascular diseases!
- Think of the standard American diet: full of breads, pasta, and sugary drinks.
- Increased sugar and insulin are stored as FAT!
- Dr. Ritamarie shares personal stories of the untimely deaths of her own parents.
- The blood tests that reveal insulin-resistance are fasting blood sugar and hemoglobin A1C. Dr. Ritamarie explains the numbers and how to interpret them.
- Did you know that you can monitor your own glucose levels with a simple, inexpensive meter? Dr. Ritamarie tells you how!
- Her 30-day program monitors and improves blood sugar levels and reveals what food sensitivities exist.
- Dr. Ritamarie explains the relationship between stress, blood sugar, cortisol, and belly fat.
- Movement can help to reduce blood sugar levels in a hurry!
- Dr. Ritamarie explains LADA (Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults), in which antibodies attack the pancreas.
- Can the effects of insulin-resistance be reversed? YES!
- LADA can show up in young adults, but the disease may not manifest itself until later years.
- Dr. Ritamarie explains how CRP markers can be elevated.
- Regarding LADA, she explains what autoimmune antibodies she looks for to help diagnose the problem.
- Dr. Ritamarie explains how she uses herbs and supplements to decrease cravings and increase the insulin receptors.
- Her program works with those who are diabetic, pre-diabetic, and those with early symptoms; it is for everybody!
- Her program is self-paced, with monthly calls and online forums. She explains in detail.
- She teaches how to monitor your glucose levels and how to improve lifestyle components like sleep, stress, nutrition, fitness, and timing.
How to reach Dr. Ritamarie and more:
www.drritamarie.com/go/insulin (Watch her webinar replay, available through May 6!)
www.insulinresistancepractitioner.com (Training for practitioners)
Now it’s your turn!
WHAT changes have you made in your diet?
HOW have those changes affected your health?
WHAT has been your biggest challenge while implementing a healthy lifestyle?
WHO do you want to hear from?
Let me know in the comments below and I will try my best to get them on the show! I want to answer your burning questions and for YOU to add your thoughts to the conversation. So go ahead and leave a comment now.
And if you want even more resources to heal yourself naturally, make sure you sign up for my email updates, because I share some insights in my email updates that I don’t share anywhere else.
Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, remember to eat consciously, because the world needs a healthy and vibrant you!
BECOME A FOOD AS MEDICINE VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- My free gift, “The Clean Eating Rules.” It’s my #1 guide for how to eat to lose weight, improve your biometrics, and get more energy.
- Summary of Pearls shared on the show
- Occasional Love Letters from Dr. Anh, where I share my favorite recipes and products, upcoming events, new information I’ve learned, and other goodies J