Finland's Summer Wilderness Ruka-Kuusamo - Tips For Travellers Podcast #243
Release Date: 09/26/2016
Join me, Gary Bembridge from TipsForTravellers.com, as I take you to "Europe's Last Great Wilderness" which is the Ruka-Kuusamo region in the northern part of Finland close to the Russia border. In the show I talk about 10 surprising things I learnt and share my nine top Tips For Travellers for visitors going there in summer - which is the quiet season (winter being the peak time).
In the show I cover the following 10 surprising things I learnt:
- Russian border.
- Snow season.
- Midnight sun.
- One million visitors and 40,000 beds.
- Northern Lights.
- Wild Food Movement.
In the show I cover the following ten must-see sights and attractions:
- Bear Watching with Karhu-Kuusamo.
- Husky hiking in Oulanka National Park.
- Canoeing on River Oulankajoki.
- White Water Rafting on River Kitkajoki.
- Horse riding at Nurminiemi Stables.
- Sauna Tour.
- Mountain Bike Safari.
- Wild Food Movement Restaurants.
- Family-owned places to stay.
- Visit Finland Site
- Tips For Travellers Finland Page (To see the videos)
- Bear Watching
- Husky Tours and Activities
- Outdoor Passion Finland (canoeing)
- Pyhapiilo Sauna
- Wild Water Rafting (Ruka Safaris)
- Nurminiemenra Stables
- Iso-Syote Hotel and Safari (Mountain Biking)
- Isokenkaisten Klubi
Get your free audio book and 30-day trial: tipsfortravellers.com/audible
After listening to the podcast: