Preaching to the Sexually Hurting - Episode 3
Release Date: 09/19/2017
Every week God gives us opportunities to help those affected by porn, abortion, rape, casual sex, a sexless marriage, same-sex attraction, or childhood sexual abuse. But often we fall short. Sadly, our response causes more harm.
Today on the Coaching Christian Leaders podcast we will meet Dr. Sam Serio. Dr. Serio is the author of the book, Sensitive Preaching to the Sexually Hurting. He will share with us his insights on how to help those who have been sexually wounded.
Dr. Serio shared:
- His Ministry Journey. 00:51
- How his Ministry changed. 2:51
- Seven types of sexual hurt. 4:03
- The scope of the problem 6:57
- God’s way of helping is superior to the world’s way. 9:22
- The need to be sensitive on Mother’s Day of Father’s Day. 13:08
- How you should be careful as you teach forgiveness. 14:07
- How to communicate more effectively to the sexually hurting. 18:50
- The consequences of and how to help a sexless marriage. 20:40
- When the pastor is the one with the sexual hurt. 25:30
- An overview of his counseling services. 28:00
- His final thoughts 30:32
His Website: http://www.healingsexualhurt.com/
Contact Information: email@example.com
Thanks for listening to this episode of Coaching Christian Leaders. I’m sure you know a pastor, missionary, coach, or someone in leadership who would benefit from Dr. Serio’s insights. Please forward this episode to them. I know that they will thank you.
Please subscribe to Coaching Christian Leaders and never miss an episode. You can subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, and most any podcast app. Also, visit our Facebook Page and leave a review there or join the conversation.
Finally, join the Coaching Christian Leaders team. You can do so by clicking HERE. I send an email to all team members when a new episode is released. This email includes the show notes and Member Only Resources. I will never share your email address and you can unsubscribe at any time.