Women Can Like Football!!
Release Date: 10/11/2017
Welcome to Girls on the Sideline, where we take on the hot issues in sports and everything else related to it. We had a lot of bad things happen last week. To start things off, we address the issue with Cam Newton and his sexist “joke” to a female reporter. It’s 2017, women are allowed to like and actually know their way around sports! It’s not even the remark itself, but the way he said it that makes our blood boil.
Speaking of things that make the blood boil, our girl Jemele Hill got suspended recently for her controversial tweets. All we can say is we’re more than happy to have her as a third host if she wants! Moving away from the “bad stuff,” we put the spotlight on college football due to HUGE upsets and some SCC teams not making the top 25 cut for the first time in years. Despite the bad news, this year’s football season is turning out to be more fun than we expected!
"I need a separation of state and sport." – Whitney Melancon
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- Cam Newton’s sexist remark to a female reporter regarding routes, his excuse, and why it made things worse.
- The Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse issue and John Moffat’s infuriating Pro Cam comment.
- Jemele Hill’s two-week suspension over her “boycott” tweet.
- Is ESPN overcompensating with Jemele’s suspension?
- Jimmy Jones’ threat to “kneelers”
- SCC Top 25 polls shaking up, huge upsets.
- Why Georgia is still the only team who can beat Atlanta.
- The Mark Rick we saw last week isn’t the UGA one.
- Three college football contenders fall out of the Top 25.
- Why the NFL right now feels like every team has a chance.
This Week’s Kevin Sumlin Coach on the Hot Seat Award:
- Not a coach on the hot seat, but a hot seat take: The Texas A&M for hosting a game without running water in their stadium.
Lindsay’s MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s MVP award goes to – David Letterman, for his hysterical speech during the unveiling of Peyton Manning's statue.
- This week’s LVP award goes to – Miami Dolphins Offensive Line Coach, Chris Foerster for recording a video while snorting some “white powder”
Whitney MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s MVP award goes to – Florida's old school song and their tribute to Tom Petty.
- This week’s LVP award goes to – NFL injuries, there were so many injuries; big time season-changing injuries.
Love the show? Join our fans on the net and leave us your honest feedback!