045 Recovering From Grief And PTSD from Chronic Lyme Disease
Release Date: 10/26/2017
- Managing the anxiety that comes from PTSD.
- Changing and growing on the emotional side of things.
- Understanding that everything (tasks, conversations, events) is much harder than it once was.
- Shifting my verbiage from negative self-talk into positive self-talk and carrying it with me throughout the day.
- Flooding-Be aware of how it affects you.
- Game changer-Celebrating small wins, or what might seem like an insignificant win.
- It takes constant energy and effort to give yourself grace as you heal.
Stephanie Richards talks about the grief and loss associated with long-term traumas. The deep sense of loss, loss of self and how to move forward emotionally.
- "I needed some guidance to change my perspective and help me grow on the emotional side.”
- "Don’t quit trying to heal"
- "We felt a sadness deeper than any sadness we’ve ever felt."
- "I couldn’t explain the depth of sadness that I felt. And it seemed like I carried it with me for years."
Sponsored by Envita Medical -"The clinic that saved my life"-Sarah