TSC008: Bishop Robert Schnase on How to Initiate and Organize New Ministry Ideas
Release Date: 01/08/2018
- What it means to be a Bishop in the United Methodist Church.
- How pastors can engage the culture around them.
- Learn more about Bishop Robert’s journey as an author.
- Robert explains the concept behind his book Just Say Yes.
- How new leaders can address change at a systemic level.
- Why Just Say Yes is a must read for seminary leaders.
- Discover why a learning pastor is an effective pastor.
- Hear Robert’s key tips to organizing new ministry ideas.
- Learn why we need to develop the skills to be failure tolerant.
- Why the pattern of “No” is shutting ministries down.
- Hear Roberts advice for young pastors today.
- What are you doing right now in your church?
- And much more!
Robert Schnase served as bishop of the Missouri Conference of the United Methodist Church since 2004. At the South Central Jurisdictional Conference in Wichita, Kansas July 13-16, Bishop Schnase was assigned to the Rio Texas Conference beginning September 1, 2016. Schnase is the author of the bestselling books Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations, Five Practices of Fruitful Living, Practicing Extravagant Generosity, and Seven Levers: Missional Strategies for Conferences.
His latest book, Just Say Yes: Unleashing People for Ministry, is written for people whose passion has been simmering for years, who yearn to be told “Yes!” Schnase examines the systems and attitudes that restrain and control ministry. He demonstrates practical ways church leaders can rethink fundamental assumptions about organizations and leadership.