33: Inspiration from People and Places for the Digital Creative with Lynn Grieveson
Release Date: 02/21/2018
Where do you get YOUR creative approach? For many, it comes from the people in our lives or the places we travel. My guest today draws from both of those for her inspired digital scrapbooking designs. I’m a big fan of hers and I love using her designs for digital pages. I know you’ll enjoy hearing her story and learning about her creative approach.
Lynn Grieveson is a scrapbook storyteller, a digital designer, and a memory keeper. She designs digital scrapbooking kits and unique photobooks for documenting and preserving precious memories and stories. Although she has lived in many places around the world, she currently makes her home in New Zealand, one of the most beautiful and inspiring places in the world. Don’t miss my conversation with Lynn!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Lynn’s scrapbooking history and the inspiration for her designs
- How Lynn taught herself digital scrapbooking and has never looked back!
- How she creates her designs with kits, brushes, colors, and themes
- The benefits of Adobe Photoshop
- Lynn’s inspiration for scrapbooking, beginning with her older daughter many years ago
- The transition to digital scrapbooking: how it happened when she was “playing around”
- Lynn’s background in art history and photojournalism
- The biggest challenges as a designer? “The time it takes to create”
- How traveling and living in different places inspires Lynn
- The value of photo books in telling our stories
- England, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- How she met her husband and learned to juggle work and motherhood
- The circumstances and major influences for creativity in Lynn’s life
- What it means to “think like a photojournalist”
- Lynn’s thoughts on creativity: “It’s important for everyone, because you are making something. Keep at it and it will become automatic and satisfying.”
To enter the drawing for a free copy of The War Bride’s Scrapbook, by Carolyn Preston: visit the contact page on my website (www.acreativeapproachpodcastcom) or be or become a member of the ACA Facebook group. Leave a comment at either site with a valid email address before March 31, 2018. I’ll draw from those responses for a winner of the book!