A few weeks ago I interviewed Rob McCargow from PwC to get clarity around the role AI is likely to play in HR and Recruiting. Once the current excitement round AI has calmed down a bit it's pretty clear to me that Blockchain is going to be the next big talking point in the industry. It is also evident that there is currently very little practical understanding of the implications of Blockchain for HR and Recruiting.
To help me solve this problem my guest this week is Seamus Cushley who has responsibility for PwC's Global Blockchain Lab. If you work for an employer or a tech vendor Blockchain has significant long-term implications for you so this interview should be a must listen.
In the interview we discuss:
• What is Blockchain and why should we care about it
• The problem/opportunity lens
• The potential applications of Blockchain in HR and Recruiting
• Disrupting the recruitment process with "smart contracts."
• Likely timescales for adoption and the challenge of integration into existing systems
• Is Blockchain revolution or evolution
Seamus also gives some advice to employers and HR Tech vendors on what they should be doing now to prepare for Blockchain.