Book Vs Movie "A Wrinkle in Time"
Release Date: 09/17/2018
Book Vs Movie
“A Wrinkle in Time”
The Margos Discover that Not All Things Featuring Oprah Are Made of Gold
The Margos dive into a children’s classic novel--A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle and offer their thoughts on the 1962 novel that spawned four sequels and earned the love of millions of fans all over the world. The story of a plucky 13-year-old heroine (Meg Murry) who is smart, awkward and lonely due to her father missing for over four years has inspired readers for decades to truly be themselves and trust their instincts.
L’Engle won the Newbery Medal in 1962 for her “junior novel” and its fans have been demanding for years a proper adaptation that honors the material. So does the 2018 film directed by Ava Duvernay make the cut? The Margos discuss in this episode which you can listen to using the link at the bottom of this post.
In this ep the Margos discuss :
- The biography of author Madeleine L’Engle and common themes in her books
- The changes made in the 2018 movie adaptation
- The past films of director Ava Duvernay
- The multiracial casting of the movie including Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Storm Reid, and Chris Pine
- Plus, movie trivia and more!
- A Wrinkle in Time trailer
- “The Gifts” Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, and Oprah Winfrey
- Outro Music “Flower of the Universe” Sade
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brought to you by Audible.com You can sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here http://www.audible.com/?source_code=PDTGBPD060314004R
Margo D. @BrooklynFitChik www.brooklynfitchick.com email@example.com
Margo P. @ShesNachoMama http://thechingonahomesteader.weebly.com/