Issue #80 - "Hell Bent"
Release Date: 10/24/2018
This week we talk all about the demons and underworlds of the DC Universe! That’s right - we’re going straight to hell as #Doctober continues! Plus, we explore a fascinating new Batman theory.
Sponsored by Great Lakes Grooming Co.
Intro Music by Aaron Barry
To ask questions for the next episode, or to continue the conversation online visit us here:
On our Website
Or check out our new store for merch
SHOW NOTES (courtesy of Josh Gill)
News & Notes
(19:46) Trigon, Lord Satanus, Neron, and other Satan analogues. Who’s the strongest?
(24:33) The Demon’s Three
(27:43) Has Etrigan and the Blue Devil ever crossed paths?
(33:06) Did the Ancient Being that originally imprisoned the Demon’s Three have ties to the Guardians of the Universe?
(38:05) Is there a reason why DC leans on real-world mythology while Marvel has stand-ins? Where do most demons land on the power scale?
(46:45) Is the podcast haunted by a former producer?
(49:33) Does Klarion have ties to the Lords of Chaos, demons, or is he simply a warlock?
(54:15) Examples of demons/demonic characters helping the side of good. Most edge lord demon?
(1:01:26) Characters to mash up with Etrigan?
(1:07:08) Where does Trigon rank power-wise?
(1:09:52) “Evil” characters that end up aligned with good.
(1:10:22) Best/favorite hero-possessed-by-a-demon story?
- Blue Devil (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Demon’s Three
- Earth 13
- Enchantress (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Etrigan (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Guardians of the Universe
- Hecate (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- KGBeast (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Klarion the Witchboy (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Lords of Chaos
- Neron (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Lord Satanis (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Lord Satanus (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Lucifer Morningstar (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Raven (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)
- Timeless Ones
- Trigon (PreFlashpoint) (Rebirth)