BTJ Episode 009
Release Date: 10/25/2018
Episode #9: Dude, Where’s My Tribe?: Elevate Leadership Through Social Media PLNs
In this episode, we learn how educators across the country use social media PLNs to further their learning and practice. We discuss how these efforts elevate leadership for individuals and across school buildings.
Resources Mentioned in E9
Harvey, J., & Holland, H. (2013). The school principal as leader: Guiding schools to better teaching and learning. The Wallace Foundation.
Trust, T., Krutka, D. & Carpenter, J. (2016). “Together we are better”: Professional learning networks for teachers. Computers & Education (102), 15-34.
- Podcasts on Apple: Apple Podcasts app or iTunes
- Podcasts on Android: Google Podcasts
- #2menandabook: Voxer book study led by Matthew Larson and Ricardo Garcia
Shout Outs are our acknowledgment and thanks to folks who have helped us with this episode or who influence our thinking and inspire us to grow. We want to thank all of our friends who provided audio files about their use of social media for professional learning.
- Show intros by Kelly Dessy, Amanda McKay, and Alison Staumont
- Website bumpers by Manna Lin and Aliset Perez
- Brian Briggs and Ryan O’Donnell, hosts of the Check This Out podcast
- John Eick, hosts of the Learn with John Eick podcast
- Kim Pollishuke and Jen Giffen, hosts of the Shukes and Gif podcast
- Brent Coley, host of the Teaching Tales with Brent Coley podcast
- Cathy Hink, kindergarten/1st grade teacher, #4OCFPLN
- Cassie Reader, edu trainer, #4OCFPLN
- Elizabeth Merce, kindergarten teacher, adjunct, #4OCFPLN
- Heather Young, kindergarten teacher, #4OCFPLN
- Jamie Leach, high school English teacher, #4OCFPLN
- Kristy Dawes, Technology Integration Specialist, #4OCFPLN
- Jeremy Goins, high school principal
- Kelly May-Vollmer, CIIO at DSUSD
- Nori Barajas Murphy, education consultant
- Liz Leon, elementary school principal
- Debra Kojima, 6th grade GATE teacher
Music by Bensound.com
We are elementary school principals in Rowland Unified School District in Southern California. We have launched this podcast as part of our inquiry to learn, share and apply effective leadership practice.
Join our Personal Learning Network aimed to support, scale, and sustain technology integration and innovation. Follow us @betweenthejohns and check out our website, betweenthejohns.com.