065 - You Are NOT Alone - Atheists
Release Date: 09/30/2014
You've just realized, you've accepted it, you're an Atheist. Now what? Are there others? Are there any Atheists near me? It can be an isolating feeling. But really, you're not alone at all. Most of us will attempt backflips at the sign of a new Atheist friendship. And although we have no morals and are without empathy, we are incredibly welcoming.
Fortunately, those that have come before us, have seen the need and started groups and meetups and online forums just for you. You are NOT alone!
Meet More Atheists
Online you can find a plethora of groups to interact with and form new friendships. Some are specifically for helping those make the transition and understand exactly how that feels. Here are some helpful links:
- Facebook groups - search atheist or humanist or agnostic ( I searched "recovering from religion" and found several groups, both private and open)
- Atheist Nexus (A list with links to many great groups for the heathen in us all)
- Recovering from Religion (http://recoveringfromreligion.org)
- Meetup.com - It will search your area for possible groups and if you don't see one - start your own (it's easy)
- Reddit.com - Many Atheist and Secular groups
- One of my favorites: http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/