Cancer Prevention Through Cleansing, Diet and Detox - FAM #062
Release Date: 01/19/2016
Welcome! My guest today is Dr. Heather Paulson, who went from marine biologist to naturopathic oncologist! In fact, she’s one of the few board certified naturopathic oncologists in the US. She obtained her degree from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Scottsdale, AZ. Heather did her residency work in Goshen, IN, and practices there at the Women’s Retreat Center. Let’s hear what Dr. Heather has to say!
Our conversation covers the following:
- Heather was drawn into a love for marine biology by the magical sound of a humpback whale. In fact, she still spends her vacations face down in the water!
- As she worked in Canada, and then the redwood forests of CA, she became aware of the toxins and pollutants in the environment.
- She made the connection between environmental toxins and the toxins that threaten the physical health of people, and knew she could impact more people for good health in the naturopathic field.
- Heather encourages her clients in cancer prevention using the acronym, “the GREAT life”:
- G—Get Active
- R—Reduce your Risk
- E—Eat for Life
- A—Add Meaning
- T—Think Green
- Heather’s diet recommendations include cruciferous veggies, berries, spices, and warm cereals.
- Heather has a lot to say about cleansing and detox, using the metaphor of “picking up trash from riverbeds.”
- Cleansing doesn’t just refer to nutrition, but relationships, daily schedule, and spiritual practices.
- “Detox” technically refers to what happens in the liver, but “cleansing” refers to the effects on other parts of the body.
- Detox is important for cancer survivors because it helps get rid of the chemicals that build up from cancer treatments.
- Heather’s protocol for cleansing includes removing the “junk,” cleaning up the diet, and doing supplements.
- Heather’s advice for cancer prevention include getting vitamin D levels checked, and focusing on adding meaning to your life.
- “People with a greater sense of purpose and community, prayer, and meditation have more longevity and a lower cancer risk.”
How to reach Dr. Paulson and more:
Visit her website to find out more about Better Nutrition, including meal plans, classes, webinars, and videos.
Beyond Awareness is a cancer summit with many speakers, coming in October of 2016. Her goal is to go beyond awareness and empower people to take action!
Now it’s your turn!
WHAT changes have you made in your diet?
HOW have those changes affected your health?
WHAT has been your biggest challenge while implementing a healthy lifestyle?
WHO do you want to hear from?
Let me know in the comments below and I will try my best to get them on the show! I want to answer your burning questions and for YOU to add your thoughts to the conversation. So go ahead and leave a comment now.
And if you want even more resources to heal yourself naturally, make sure you sign up for my email updates, because I share some insights in my email updates that I don’t share anywhere else.
Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, remember to eat consciously, because the world needs a healthy and vibrant you!
BECOME A FOOD AS MEDICINE VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- My free gift, “The Clean Eating Rules.” It’s my #1 guide for how to eat to lose weight, improve your biometrics, and get more energy.
- Summary of Pearls shared on the show
- Occasional Love Letters from Dr. Anh, where I share my favorite recipes and products, upcoming events, new information I’ve learned, and other goodies ☺