Hormones and Gut Health with Bridgit Danner
Release Date: 03/28/2016
Welcome! Today’s guest is Bridgit Danner, a fellow podcaster who is passionate about women’s health. I met Bridgit at a conference in CA, and we connected immediately. Bridgit specializes in hormones and gut health, so those are our topics today. Join us!
Bridgit shares the following:
- The Hormone Summit is Bridgit’s latest project. The summit includes 35 interviews around themes of hormone issues, PCOS, PMS, endometriosis, thyroid disorders, skin problems, sex drive, life stages, fertility, per-menopause, food, lifestyle, and supportive modalities. The dates are April 11-18; see Resources below for details!
- What we eat dramatically impacts our hormones! Pesticides and hormones in our food overload our bodies with toxins.
- We need good fats, leafy greens, and fermented foods.
- Signs of an unhappy gut include bloating, irregular bowel, food coma, heartburn, gas, migraines, and skin disorders.
- There are common trigger foods for migraines, general inflammation, and even Candida issues.
- “Very few people have a great diet and great digestion.”
- An unhappy gut is a huge stress on the body, producing less sex hormones, less nutrients, and insufficient neurotransmitters.
- There are four tests that can be used to check for gut health:
- Urine test for intestinal permeability
- LEAP food sensitivity test
- Stool test
- Genetic test for mutations contributing to IBS
- Bridgit explains her best steps to start healing your gut:
- Eat well, slowly, and mindfully.
- Don’t rush while eating and don’t overeat.
- An elimination diet may be the answer for you.
- Eat fermented foods.
- Take a probiotic.
- Do what you can to lower your stress.
- Avoid allergens like corn, soy, dairy, wheat, sugar.
- Avoid coffee and tea.
- Adopt soothing practices for your gut’s mucous lining: use bone broth, collagen powder, L-glutamine, and aloe.
- Add lots of fiber; eat salad every day, and try to eat 20 different kinds of veggies each week!
- How much fiber is ideal? Bridgit recommends 30 grams/day.
- Bridgit shares ways to stimulate the “heat” of digestion to help break down foods.
- Contrary to the normal American way of eating and drinking, you should NOT drink icy beverages with meals!
How to reach Bridgit and more
Now it’s your turn!
WHAT changes have you made in your diet?
HOW have those changes affected your health?
WHAT has been your biggest challenge while implementing a healthy lifestyle?
WHO do you want to hear from?
Let me know in the comments below and I will try my best to get them on the show! I want to answer your burning questions and for YOU to add your thoughts to the conversation. So go ahead and leave a comment now.
And if you want even more resources to heal yourself naturally, make sure you sign up for my email updates, because I share some insights in my email updates that I don’t share anywhere else.
Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, remember to eat consciously, because the world needs a healthy and vibrant you!
BECOME A FOOD AS MEDICINE VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- My free gift, “The Clean Eating Rules.” It’s my #1 guide for how to eat to lose weight, improve your biometrics, and get more energy.
- Summary of Pearls shared on the show
- Occasional Love Letters from Dr. Anh, where I share my favorite recipes and products, upcoming events, new information I’ve learned, and other goodies ☺