105: Dealing with Emotional Triggers and Thinking Separately
Release Date: 07/26/2017
Dr. Ilene S. Cohen, Ph.D., is a psychotherapist and blogger, and teaches in the Department of Counseling at Barry University. Shes a regular contributor to Psychology Today, and her work has appeared in Psych Central and Tiny Buddha. Her practice is fueled by her passion for helping people achieve their goals, build a strong sense of self and lead fulfilling and meaningful lives.
In this episode we discuss relationship advice topics that include:
- Why commitment is the baseline and foundation of a relationship.
- Why it's important to think separately from your partner in a relationship.
- How to manage your own functioning and avoid trying to manage your partner.
- Why we become emotionally triggered and how to deal with it.
- How to take an objective approach to a triggered response.
- Why it's important to not judge yourself for becoming triggered.
- And much more!
14 Day Happy Couples Challenge starts TODAY! Sign up at our website here: 14 Day Happy Couples Challenge
Full Show Notes at http://idopodcast.com/105
Talkspace: The online therapy company that believes that therapy should be affordable, confidential and convenient.
Join over 500,000 people who have used Talkspace for online therapy with their licensed therapist. Get $30 off your first month when you visit Talkspace.com/IDO.
Audible: Use the link below, and sign up for a free 30-day trial and one free audiobook download! You will have to enter your CC information, but you can just cancel the trial at the end of the month if you don’t like it and not pay a dime. There are a ton of great relationship audiobooks on Audible.com. Consider downloading The 5 Love Languages for your free download. Audibletrial.com/idopodcast
If you love the show, please subscribe in iTunes and leave a review! It really helps, and allows us to keep bringing you these episodes each week! - Chase & Sarah