084: Susie Reynolds Reece: Making the Topic of Suicide More Comfortable
Release Date: 06/06/2019
Suicide prevention strategist, author and speaker Susie Reynolds Reece is trying to educate and spread awareness about the topic of suicide less and make is less uncomfortable to talk about. She says that if we're more comfortable with the subject, then we'll be able to help those who need support and also make it more comfortable about asking for support when we need it.
Susie is in a unique position to talk about it. When she was just 10 years old, her father committed suicide and for years she struggled with her own depression. But now, Susie travels around the country and has spoken to thousands of people on suicide awareness and prevention, but says that talking about a tough topic doesn't mean it has to bring you down. Listen in and you'll know what I mean...
Mentioned in this episode:
- Susie’s books:
If you enjoy the episode, please subscribe for free, rate & review, and share with your friends. Thanks for listening!
- If you'd like to see a list of previously mentioned books or products from former episodes, go to our Resources Page!
- And if you're looking for inspirational books that I've personally read and recommend, go to our Motivational Tools page!
- Check out more episodes on our website, TheInspireCafe.com!
- Like us on Facebook here!
- Follow us on Instagram here!
We'll have a link to Susie and her books on TheInspireCafe.com and if you like the episode, please take a second and share it with a friend. The more we spread awareness about this topic, the better.