278 Dr. Michael Ruscio: What's Really Going On With My Thyroid?
Release Date: 06/11/2019
Gut health symptoms can look like thyroid hormone symptoms but they're actually gut-driven symptoms. The challenge is that so many symptoms are non-specific. You can be fatigued and depressed from a gut issue or hypothyroidism. - Dr. Michael Ruscio
---> Join the Wellness Warrior VIP Club: get exclusive discounts on new wellness tools, be first in line for new podcasts, get access to invite-only events, and so much more.**
---> Get The Morning 21: A powerful (and free) system designed to give you more energy, let go of old weight, and live life well.
Are your gut health issues actually a thyroid problem?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 278, doctor, clinical researcher and best-selling author of Healthy Gut, Healthy You, Dr. Michael Ruscio, returns for the fourth time, to discuss the differences between thyroid health and gut health, why there are so many misdiagnoses when it comes to thyroid and dysbiosis, gut health testing and whether or not some are necessary, and the first steps you can decipher whether you have a gut or a thyroid problem with Dr. Ruscio's simple gut quiz.
Listen as Dr. Ruscio explains the deep misunderstanding between systematic approaches and root healing causes of thyroid and gut dysfunction.
The good news is that almost any ailment including depression, fatigue, weight gain, autoimmunity, insomnia, and hypothyroidism can be healed. The key is not just managing the symptoms but treating the root cause: the gut. Restoring this crucial part of your overall health improves the performance of your whole body from the inside out and it's easier than you think to get started.
You don't have to follow crazy diets or spend a fortune to get healthy. Instead, read this book to discover
- how the gut works and its role in your body,
- practical diet and lifestyle advice to support your gut health,
- simple and actionable tools to repair your gut, and
- an innovative, user-friendly plan to heal, support and revitalize your gut.
A vibrant, healthy you begins with your gut start healing your body today!
Listen To Episode 278 As Dr. Ruscio Uncovers:
- Differences between the gut and thyroid health.
- Why there are so many misdiagnoses when it comes to the thyroid and the gut.
- How to tell whether or not someone has hyperthyroidism.
- The impact of over-diagnosis of hyperthyroidism and what the problem could actually be instead.
- How diets such as Paleo and Keto can impact the thyroid's health.
- Why taking TSH and 3T4 tests are the best way to know if you truly have a problem with your thyroids if you're not on hormone medication already.
- The impact of nutrition on your body and how to begin really tuning in and listening to what it's telling you.
- His stance against completely useless microbiome mapping tests such as those from uBiome.
- What publication bias is and why we should wait 6 months to a year to collect data and understand the real effect of a new product.
- The concerns of over-supplementation and why it might be good to take a break from them from time to time.
- How some supplements can actually irritate the gut.
- First steps you can take to decide whether or not you have a gut or a thyroid problem including taking the gut quiz that Dr. Ruscio offers on his website.
- Why it's so important for women to take their hormone balance into account if they're experiencing thyroid problems and how natural, herbal medicines can help.
- What the amino acid protein structures, MK 677 and BCP 157 are, how they can help trigger different hormones to support the body, and which sources are the best ones to buy from.
- The remarkable improvements he and his team have seen for patients who had prior high levels of anxiety and depression once they improved their gut health.
- How professionals can come together and respect one another despite opposing viewpoints.
Josh Trent and Dr. Michael Ruscio
at Paleo f(x) 2019
Power Quotes From The Show
Links From Today's Show
- Paleo f(x)
- The Future of Functional Medicine Review Clinical Newsletter
- UBiome suspends founders, sales of microbiome tests in wake of FBI raid
- Dr. Ruscio's Gut Quiz
- Thyroid Autoimmunity – What Are Healthy Levels for Thyroid Antibodies
- WF Player One | Pro Hats
- Dr. Ruscio's Great-In-8 Action Plan
- Healthy Gut, Healthy You by Dr. Michael Ruscio
- WFR 119 Dr. Michael Ruscio – The Orthorexia Connection
- WFR 223 Dr. Michael Ruscio – Healthy Gut, Healthy You
- WFR 236 Dr. Michael Ruscio - Healing The Second Brain
- Dr. Ruscio Radio Podcast
- Dr. Michael Ruscio
About Dr. Michael Ruscio
Dr. Ruscio’s best-selling book, Healthy Gut, Healthy You, has paved the way for a ‘start with the gut’ philosophy which has enabled doctors and patient to obtain improved outcomes with minimal expense and effort.
He is leading the charge to make alternative medicine more affordable, effective and practical, through a pragmatic application of evidence-based therapies. Dr. Ruscio’s ability to objectively analyze medical literature has made him a trusted voice of reason, a voice he shares on his top-rated podcast and website.