Houston Texas - Tips For Travellers Podcast #258
Release Date: 02/06/2017
In this episode of the podcast Gary Bembridge of TipsForTravellers.com, visits Houston Texas to provide tips for travellers on the 10 must-see sights and attractions. In addition he also provides some key observations, historical highlights, best time to visit, getting there and around and general tips and advice.
Nicknamed the "Space City", Houston is a global city, with strengths in business, international trade, entertainment, culture, media, fashion, science, sports, technology, education, medicine, and research.
The episode covers the following must-see sights and attractions:
- Space Center Housto.
- San Jacinto Battlefield and Battleship Texas.
- Houston Zoo.
- Downtown Aquarium.
- 17-block Theater District (Houston Grand Opera, Alley Theater, Houston Symphony and Houston Ballet).
- Pedestrian-friendly Museum district which includes Museum of Fine Arts, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Children's Museum of Houston and Menil Collection.
- River Oaks, the upmarket and multi-million dollar homes suburb.
- Shopping: The Galleria is Texas' largest shopping Mall with over 400 shops, Houston Premium Outlets and River Oaks, the oldest in the city.
- Quirky places: Art Car Museum, Beer Can House, National Museum of Funeral History and Orange Show.
- Bayou Bend collection and Gardens.
Resources and links:
- Visit Houston Official Site: http://www.visithouston.com
After listening to the podcast:
- Please leave a comment on Tipsfortravellers.com/podcast, email me or leave a review on iTunes.
- Subscribe (and leave a review) to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or TuneIn Radio.
- Consider becoming a Podcast Patron and visit tipsfortravellers.com/patron.