Rivalry Week is Here!
Release Date: 11/22/2017
Nothing makes any sport better than having rivalries. Federer and Nadal, Pacquiao and Marquez, Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers, rivalries make games more exciting and could be enough to fill an otherwise empty stadium. In the world of college football, they take rivalries to the next level with some teams being rivals for more than a hundred years! Not only that, but these teams also play for cool and sometimes really, really weird items. You wouldn’t believe the bizarre history behind these trinkets and tokens.
Other than rivalries, we discuss the issue with Chip Kelly and the Gators, the ubiquitous Jon Gruden to Tennessee rumor, and our pod-favorite Serena Williams. We also celebrate the new touchdown celebrations we’ve seen, and boy are they getting wilder!
“A rivalry is a rivalry and wild things happen at rivalry games." – Whitney Melancon
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- Weird and cool items teams are fighting for this week and the stories behind them.
- Really, really OLD rivalries in College Football.
- Why playing for Paul Bunyan’s axe was one of the craziest traditions.
- Chip Kelly Watch is in full effect for Gator Nation.
- Why Lane Kiffin could be behind some of the fake news in college football.
- Fun touchdown celebrations this week.
Lindsay’s MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s MVP award goes to – Serena Williams had a great week and was featured in a tearjerker commercial.
- This week’s LVP award goes to – Baker Mayfield for being douchey, especially to fans despite having Heisman potential; Jameis Winston for being accused of groping an Uber driver.
Whitney MVP & LVP of the Week:
- This week’s MVP award goes to – New Orleans Saints for becoming the best team in the NSC South despite a 0-2 start.
- This week’s LVP award goes to – Baker Mayfield; The song used during the Patriots-Oakland game in Mexico City was La Bamba which was insulting.
Love the show? Join our fans on the net and leave us your honest feedback!