Do YOU Have a Reinvention Plan for Your Life After 40? Real Talk with Lesley Seymour, Founder of Covey Club.
Release Date: 07/07/2018
Lesley Seymour is an entrepreneur and a former editor-in-chief of More, Redbook, and Marie Claire magazines. After her career in the magazine industry, Lesley created a community-oriented website exclusive to women called the Covey Club. Covey Club’s goal is to bring women over forty together who want to live their second life through connections, various tools, and real and virtual meetups.
In this episode, Lesley helps us understand the problems older women encounter in the workplace. She explains why being forty is not supposed to be the end of your prime, why you need to have - what she calls - a “reinvention plan,” and why women should not be afraid to ask for help. She also shares how the Covey Club works, what awaits future members, and some of its current projects.
“If you were a worker like I was, you need to find out who you are again.” Lesley Seymour
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The problems older women face in a fast-paced and technology-driven world.
- What is the Covey Club and what inspired her to create it?
- How the Covey Club can enable older women to improve their lives.
- Different projects and programs the Covey Club gives women access to.
- Her experience when she got out of Corporate America.
- Why older women have a difficult time finding their place in Corporate America.
- There is such a taboo about growing old. There's still a stigma for older women to be in certain jobs and positions.
- Women don't take help well since we're supposed to be the helpers, and that has to change.
- Life is meant to be lived, not endured.
Connect with Lesley Seymour:
This episode was sponsored by…
HealthIQ uses science and data to secure life insurance for health-conscious people and athletes including runners, cyclists, strength trainers, vegans, and many more. Learn how 56% of HealthIQ customers receive up to 33% in exclusive savings on their life insurance policies by visiting the HealthIQ website.
Mention the promo code: FitFluential when you speak with a HealthIQ agent to receive your free quote today!
Rate, Review, Connect, Inspire
Stay updated on new episodes, guest interviews, and health, wellness, and fitness information and resources by subscribing to the FitFluential Radio Show on iTunes. Every day we bring you actionable insight, demystified truth, and simple steps to help you navigate the complex, often confusing health, wellness, and fitness information and answer the questions you’ve been asking.