Using Law Bots to Simplify, Automate, and Maximize Efficiency with Tom Martin [LGE 009]
Release Date: 04/10/2018
Lawyers are catching on to the importance and value of integrating law bots into their practice, whether as chat bots on their websites or as client engagement and management tools. Founder and CEO of LawDroid, Tom Martin, joins us to discuss how bots can help automate and simplify internal law firm functions like research and external functions like client management.
LawDroid is a bot automation company with a mission to promote justice everywhere and dedicated to bringing the legal industry into the 21st century.
What We Discuss in This Episode:
- What a chat bot is and what it can accomplish for a lawyer
- Should lawyers worry that robots will take over their jobs?
- How to use bots to stay in touch with current clients
- The message and interaction logs that bots create and how they can help in malpractice suits
- How bots can be used internally within a law firm to complete tasks like research to filling out documents
- Where bots can’t replace human lawyers
- The ethical considerations to keep in mind with bots
- What type of disclaimers you must make when you’re using a bot
- How bots can help you work ON your business and not IN your business
Deep Work by Cal Newport
Billie Tarascio's interview on The Lawyerist
x.ai – AI assistant
Tom is speaking at the GLSA/GP Solo conference – April 25-28th, 2018
Thank you for listening!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every Tuesday.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help me get the word out about this podcast. Rate and Review this show in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, and Google Play, and be sure to share this podcast with a friend.
Be sure to connect with me and reach out with any questions/concerns:
Email me at megan[at]zaviehlaw[dot]com
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matters, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.