Episode: #44 Amanda Bobby Cooper on MMA, training and beating doubt
Who: Amanda Bobby Cooper is an American professional mixed martial artist who competes in the Strawweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). She started boxing at the age of 12 and in 2011 at the age of 19 she stepped into the octagon for the first time. In 2 years she became #1 ranked 125lb amateur fighter in Michigan and #3 ranked in the country with a amateur record of 8-3. Utilising a boxing approach, the 26 year old entered the UFC via the famed MMA reality show 'The Ultimate Fighter' and continues to help womens MMA evolve by demonstrating great technique and showcasing her talent. The UFC summarise her fighting style as powerful, saying she is unpredictable and switches stance, utilising a good guard and good submissions.
In this interview, we quickly discuss her story, MMA, training etc. We didn't have much time, so we just covered some basics, but Amanda gives some great answers, you can't help but like her and she is going to be a superstar soon. I hope to have her on the show for a full interview when our schedules will allow it.
Before we get into that, a quick word about our affiliates. I’ve managed to build up some great relationships with some awesome companies. This allows me to obtain special discount codes, deals, and listener exclusive. Please go to www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates for further info.
I am particularly loving the Tribes of Mentors book by Tim Ferriss, Ross Edgley’s awesome new book ‘The World’s Fittest Book’ and Mr Skin, where you can see your favourite entertainment stars in very little! Onnit are just going from strength to strength with Alpha Brain and some new awesome supplements. For some free trials and speacial deals etc on these and so much more, check out www.nextlevelguy.com/affiliates.
I hope you have as much fun listening to this one as I did interviewing? Enjoy!
What we cover
- Who us she and why you might know her name
- What is her normal routine like
- How does she set up a training camp and analyse her opponent?
- How does she set up her weekly training sessions
- Her fluid is her training - does she follow the plan exactly or does she allow
- What goes through her mind
- Attitude towards interviews and the media requirements of professional MMA
- The interview questions that she hates
- How does she bounce back from losses or a bad training session - how can we 'reset' and go again without letting BS affect us
- What was her motivation for getting into boxing and how did she transition to MMA
- How her family have inspired her in life and training and her choice of a career
- What she would like fans to remember from this interview
- How you can keep i ntouch with her
- And so much more
Some things to reflect on
Connect with the Guest
Subscribe to the podcast
If you enjoyed the podcast, please help me by posting a review on iTunes! I thoroughly enjoy doing the show and would love to hear what you think. Your feedback will help me improve the show and ensure it helps. Also click those social media buttons to stay in touch for updates on the latest posts, affiliate deals, virtual hugs and what not!
A product you should check out
Next Level Guy is affiliated with some amazing companies, who offer some amazing products for you to check out.I highly recommend the following product (please note: this is an affiliate link and will open to an external website):
|Click the image to load ||What the affiliate is |
| || |
The World’s Fittest Book is set to become every fitness enthusiast’s bible.
The Protein Works
Free delivery using this link!
| || |
Get the best condoms for your best sex!
| || |
Use the code ‘nextlevelguy’ in the discount code section of the checkout, to get 10% off any eligible items in your basket of great supplements and fitness gear
Want to listen to another episode?