Chaos Theory, Last Stand of the Wreckers & Sins of the Wreckers - Comic Book Book Club
Release Date: 06/27/2018
Kriss and Dpalm are back with another...wait...is this a Character Corner or a Comic Book Book Club? If you didn't know we're trying something new on the Character Corner podcast feed. We'll still be doing break downs of our favorite characters but in order to bring new content to the listeners, we're also going to be bringing some Comic Book Book Club episodes to the Character Corner. For this episode, we continue our dive into IDW's Transformers world with Chaos Theory, Last Stand of the Wreckers and Sins of the Wreckers.
Now I know what you're thinking "Transformers? Really?" But these books are fantastic. Go listen to the IDW Primer also on the feed as well as when we discussed the first 22 issues of More Than Meets the Eye. Once you get over the initial hump of reading about giant robots you'll realize how human and real these books are. They deal with a lot of relevant topics in today's world:
- Optimus Prime...sorry...Orion Pax is a bad ass
- Optimus and Megatron were almost on the same sidea
- Never Forget: This is all Whirl's fault
- A stark reminder that War isn't fun and has lasting affects
- Here are the rules to be a Wrecker....as the Wreckers break every single one of them
- Overlord is a sociopath
- The reason why Fortress Maximus had PTSD over Overlord and Garrius-9
- The Autobots had their fair share of war crimes
- We're not saying Impactor was right but...we understand.
- Calling Prowl a "prick" is a bit of an understatement
- Who Springer really is
If you sign up for premium you can hear us talk about the end of More Than Meets the Eye which also tie into these issues as well.
Follow us on Twitter:
Want more podcast greatness? Sign up for a MTR Premium Account!
Please take our Audience survey. It takes 5-10 minutes, is completely anonymous and will help us deliver a better show!