PMR #238: Are Health Podcasts Actually Making Us Healthier? A Discussion with Mind Pump's Sal Di Stefano
Release Date: 10/30/2018
This week, we welcome Sal Di Stefano. Sal has a long history in personal training and fitness, and he’s a cohost of the popular Mind Pump podcast. In this episode, we discuss the current state of the health and fitness industry and the state of sharing and gathering information. We also dive into social media and decision making and how all that relates to the health space. We also discuss the value podcasts like ours can bring if we’re dedicated to communication and learning—as well as the possible pitfalls. We really get into it, and we even have a little debate about Paleo.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The higher purpose behind Mind Pump.
- Getting information out to the people who need to hear it.
- Putting good-quality, well-researched content out there.
- Why discussion around health and fitness is a good thing.
- How other podcasts and businesses in this industry end up benefiting everybody.
- How people’s perception of aesthetics are now skewed through social media.
- Reinforcing your internal locust of control over your fitness and health.
- How Sal, Adam, and Justin came together to start the Mind Pump podcast.
- The importance of integrity, honesty, and transparency.
- Interacting with your audience and paying attention to what most people need to hear.
- Sal’s thoughts on the Paleo diet.
- Optimizing your life.
- Where Sal sees himself 10 years from now.
- And much more!
“More Americans consider themselves independent today than ever before in American history.” — Sal Di Stefano [0:20:37.1]
“One of the things about communicating ideas is you have to be able to sell them really well.” — Sal Di Stefano [0:32:05.1]
“You can have the best information in the world but if nobody wants to hear what you have to say because you’re not entertaining or because you’re not compelling, it doesn’t matter.” — Sal Di Stefano [0:32:13.1]
“One of the best things you could possibly do is say it before they do.” — Sal Di Stefano [0:40:24.1]
“We constantly remind ourselves to pay attention to what most people need to hear versus what we may want to hear.” — Sal Di Stefano [0:42:19.1]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Sal Di Stefano — http://www.saldistefanoblog.com
Mind Pump Podcast — https://www.mindpumpmedia.com/
Mind Pump on Twitter — https://twitter.com/Mindpump
Mind Pump on youtube — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVak8_IyuqcErdf_jQUOHA
Mind Pump Free — https://www.mindpumpmedia.com/p/free-resources
Sal on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSalDiStefano/
Sal on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/mindpumpsal/
Sal on Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TLBoeIFrOOvxpsO0GjwLg
Joe Rogan podcast — http://podcasts.joerogan.net/
Craig Carpurso — https://www.livlfe.com/
Ben Greenfield — https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It's easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you'll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.