Ep 8 - Andy Greff, CEO at PLNAR (SmartPicture)
Release Date: 02/01/2019
“We try to not just focus on the measurement piece of it, but the context piece as well.” - Andy Greff
(click to tweet)
For property claims, the outside is much easier to assess than the inside.
Whether it’s via drones or actual adjusters on site—pulling information from the exterior of a property requires very little when compared to the demands for the interior.
To assess the interior requires going inside the property, stepping into someone else’s space, and potentially interrupting someone else’s day. This set of demands calls for a technology solution.
That’s why on today’s episode of FNO: InsureTech, we are joined by Andy Greff to discuss his application PLNAR that uses SmartPicture technology to swiftly and accurately process the information inside a property.
Tune in to this episode to hear Andy’s insights on everything from insuretech to Series A funding.
(click to tweet)
The FNO: Tips
- Augmented reality is when there is a different overlay on top of the real world
- Carriers are often concerned with the real-time status of a claim
- Speed of delivery eliminates the customer’s ability to be curious
- Carriers have the most issues when the control of the claim starts to slip away
- Not many people are going into the adjuster world because frankly—it’s a tough job
- Software companies need a relatively small amount of money to get off the ground
- The most important thing to consider for a startup is staying on the playing field
- Smarter technologies empower lower-skilled data collectors to give desk adjusters exactly what they need
Fourseventy Claim Management