Hiring 1st employee
Release Date: 02/04/2019
HIRING 1ST EMPLOYEE
You only hire an employee for two reasons:
- The employee can save you money.
- The employee can reduce your expenses.
Before you hire your first employee make sure that you take the time to put things in place.
- Does your business have an Employer Identification number? (EIN)
- Do you have Worker’s Compensation Insurance?
- Post required Notices
- Job Safety and Health Protection
- Equal Employment Opportunity (Only if involved in Federal Contacting)
- Fair labor Standards Act
- Employee Eligibility Verification
- Setup record keeping
- Have you determined the first position that needs to be hired?
- Do you have a list of duties and assignments that needs to be fulfilled?
- Have you started to develop your employee handbook?
- Have you developed a Job Description for the position?
Answering the Phones
Call and remind clients about upcoming appointments
Issue Parking Passes
FCME uploads new episodes every Monday & Friday morning at 6:00 a.m. MST. Topics include proposal writing, bonds, types of contracts, why do business with the federal government, 8(a), business services for veterans and women, where federal opportunities are listed, general business advice, and more. You can listen to the podcast here or with your favorite podcast provider (iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, or Stitcher). FCME is also active on social media and launched the Federal Contracting Made Easy YouTube channel on January 1, 2019.