PMR #260: Listener Q&A—Meal Prepping, Orthorexia, Binge Eating, and More
Release Date: 04/09/2019
On this week’s fun episode, which takes on a slightly different, more casual format than normal, Beth Lipton joins as guest cohost. Beth is a recipe developer, cook, writer, and health coach, among other things. Together, we answer and discuss questions posted on social media from listeners. Beth shares some tips on how to add variety to meals that may that need a little pick-me-up. We then address questions like how to stay healthy while travelling, what moderation means, and what balance and health look like for different people. Beth brings a fresh, holistic perspective to the idea of being healthy, and she even encourages you to eat that brownie you’re longing for—occasionally, of course!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Some insight into Beth’s background.
- What she gets asked to talk about the most.
- Advice on how to maintain being Paleo while traveling or pressed for time.
- Why eating the same meals over again is fine, but not ideal.
- Tips and tricks to add variety to your diet.
- Which spices Beth’s recommends.
- How bodybuilding works and whether it’s healthy.
- Defining moderation is difficult because it’s different for everyone.
- Properly setting your goals is key, so you can see if you’re willing to make changes.
- There needs to be a paradigm shift to define what being healthy means.
- Taking the value judgement out of food is very important.
- How to find the balance between treats, enjoyment, and health.
- Why issues with food can be so complicated.
- Research shows that eating a combination of meat and plant-based is best.
- Experimenting and finding what works for you is an important part of being healthy.
- Not labelling yourself can set you free from guilt.
- Listening to your body is important.
“There’s a sliding scale of evil” — Ashleigh VanHouten [0:26:37.1]
“if you have a spice in your spice cabinet that has been there since you moved in to your apartment seven years ago, throw it away.” — @CookiePie0402 [0:34:44.3]
“So, you may as well eat the brownie, but also really eat the brownie.” —@CookiePie0402 [0:51:29.0]
“Whoever has the most fun wins. That’s the whole point.” — @CookiePie0402 [0:52:21.0]
“You need to figure out what works for you.” — @CookiePie0402 [1:07:04.3]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
Paleo Magazine on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/paleomagazine/
Ashleigh VanHouten on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/themusclemaven/
Beth Lipton on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/cookiepie0402/
Paleo Magazine health retreats — www.paleomagazine.com/retreats
The Sustainable Dish — https://sustainabledish.com/
The Gourmet Cave — https://www.thegourmetcave.com/
The episode is sponsored by Elixinol, who make products with naturally occurring full-spectrum CBD. Their products range from capsules to lotions, and while the research is still relatively new, there is growing evidence to support CBD’s positive effects on issues like anxiety and sleep quality. Check out Elixinol at www.elixinol.com, and use the discount code “paleo mag” for 10% off
SHARE YOUR LOVE FOR PMR AND YOU CAN ENTER TO WIN SOME GREAT PALEO SWAG!
It's easy, simply post a review of PMR on iTunes and fill out our quick Registration Form and you'll be entered to win your choice of 4 great books and a Paleo Magazine vinyl decal!
One winner will be randomly chosen each week.