Leaders, Be Good to Yourself, Part 1
Release Date: 02/19/2019
Healthy teams require healthy leaders.
If you aim to become a better leader and to develop a healthy organization that delivers results, then it’s imperative that you focus on you first. It’s leadership development 101.
Over the next few episodes, we’ll discuss the absolute necessity of leadership self-care. Step one in improving your leadership and your team’s experience: take care of yourself.
In this episode, we cover the leadership tool of mindful meditation. Before you think I’ve jumped ship, let me say this: Your best and most innovative ideas will emerge as you become more intentionally mindful.
Backed by centuries of practice and modern research, meditation can help you become a better leader by:
* Being more present with your team
* Making more mental space for creativity
* Developing stronger mental discipline
* Managing your own thought processes
* Growing in emotional intelligence
* Better managing your stress, anxiety, and depression
* Increasing your immunity and lowering your blood pressure
* Helping you sleep better
* Improving your happiness and general well-being
Listen in for simple and actionable steps that you can take to improve your emotional intelligence and grow in your leadership today.