Vintage-Inspired Winter Looks at Sézane
Release Date: 12/08/2019
In this episode of "Bri Books," we're discussing what’s in season (and delicious) during February and deep winter in places like New York, Boston, Atlanta, DC and St. Louis, and Los Angeles.info_outline Makeup Bag Highlights + Fenty Beauty Hot Take
I call this my makeup bag highlight my “office beauty beat” 👩🏿💼featuring the star products currently in my rotation—including my take on the @fentybeauty “Full Frontal” mascara.info_outline How to Shift Your Thinking and Move Forward
In this episode, I’m sharing my first observations in 2020:info_outline In 2020, Travel While You Have the Light
Happy 2020! Thanks for joining me for briCember--we recorded 17 podcast episodes in 31days and crossed the 10,500+ downloads milestone!info_outline Iconic Black and White Films You Need to Watch
Feeling nostalgic? Watch these black-and-white movies in your cozy socks with a cup of hot chocolate. Here are the5 black-and-white movies from the first 100 years of cinema that you should experience this holiday season.info_outline 5 Unexpected Shows to Binge on Netflix
Before you re-watch ‘The Office’ or ‘Scandal’ from the beginning for the 10th time, check out these Netflix hits before everybody else.info_outline The Easiest Houseplants to Grow This Winter
Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean your green thumb has to wither up and die. Turn your nurturing and love inward with these houseplants that will keep your urban jungle growing even in the depths of winter.info_outline Curating A Wine Menu for Your Next Party or Solo Wine Haul
Here's what to consider when planning what wine to bring to an event, serve guests, or buy for yourself:info_outline How to Plan a Weekend Getaway
Want to plan a getaway but don't know where to start? Here are the fool-proof steps I took to explore Ithaca, New York along the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail in the Finger Lakes, NY region.info_outline Where in the World to Travel in 2020
On today’s episode, I’m sharing my travel dream list for 2020 and beyond. As I reflect on 2019, I realize that international travel was (welcomely) replaced by domestic trips this year. In the spirit of adventure and a new decade, here's a peek at my personal bucket list. Show me yours using #bribooks on Instagram and Twitter.info_outline
I'm still smiling ear-to-ear after an evening spent shopping uber-chic French clothing brand Sézane's winter and holiday collections. I've loved attending readings, shopping experiences (and yoga!) at the Paris-based clothing brand's New York City's L’Appartement Sézane, and here's a look into the trends I spotted (and fell in love with) in Sézane's highly-curated winter and holiday collections.
- The story of Sézane: The brand began in 2013 founded by Morgane Sealroy. Morgane started selling her vintage faves online and created "Les Composantes", then started filling in her vintage finds with pieces she designed herself. In 2017, Morgane founded DEMAIN to raise money for Pencils of Promise, La Voix de L'Enfant, Sports dans la Ville.
Here are the vintage-inspired and retro-yet-ethereal trends I spotted from Sézane's exceptional Winter/Holiday 2019 collection.
- Season-agnostic silk and jacquard pieces were the stand-outs of the collection
- Plum red, navy and gold were the eye-catching colors, along with tapered colorful trousers
- Jacquard trousers I tried on (Gustavo trousers, $190), jacquard blouse (Gabrielle blouse, $125)
- Tulle Misty Copeland-esque caramel tulle skirt I tried on (Masha skirt, $190)
- LBD meets rainbow (Doha dress, $190), so many gorgeous silky LBD pieces (Gabin dress, $200)
- Victorian necklines (Maureen shirt, $125) and sleeves, pussy-bow dresses (Selena dress, $185), streamlined looks
- High-neckline dresses (Eleanor dress, $150)
Go behind-the-scenes of my Sézane shopping adventure on @brionnajay Instagram Stories highlights, as well as the @bribookspod Instagram Stories highlights. Shop it up at Sézane site and obsess over the Sézane feed on Instagram.