"The Garden in Every Sense & Season" Feat. @ABeautifulNest
Release Date: 11/08/2018
In this episode of "Bri Books," we're discussing what’s in season (and delicious) during February and deep winter in places like New York, Boston, Atlanta, DC and St. Louis, and Los Angeles.info_outline Makeup Bag Highlights + Fenty Beauty Hot Take
I call this my makeup bag highlight my “office beauty beat” 👩🏿💼featuring the star products currently in my rotation—including my take on the @fentybeauty “Full Frontal” mascara.info_outline How to Shift Your Thinking and Move Forward
In this episode, I’m sharing my first observations in 2020:info_outline In 2020, Travel While You Have the Light
Happy 2020! Thanks for joining me for briCember--we recorded 17 podcast episodes in 31days and crossed the 10,500+ downloads milestone!info_outline Iconic Black and White Films You Need to Watch
Feeling nostalgic? Watch these black-and-white movies in your cozy socks with a cup of hot chocolate. Here are the5 black-and-white movies from the first 100 years of cinema that you should experience this holiday season.info_outline 5 Unexpected Shows to Binge on Netflix
Before you re-watch ‘The Office’ or ‘Scandal’ from the beginning for the 10th time, check out these Netflix hits before everybody else.info_outline The Easiest Houseplants to Grow This Winter
Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean your green thumb has to wither up and die. Turn your nurturing and love inward with these houseplants that will keep your urban jungle growing even in the depths of winter.info_outline Curating A Wine Menu for Your Next Party or Solo Wine Haul
Here's what to consider when planning what wine to bring to an event, serve guests, or buy for yourself:info_outline How to Plan a Weekend Getaway
Want to plan a getaway but don't know where to start? Here are the fool-proof steps I took to explore Ithaca, New York along the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail in the Finger Lakes, NY region.info_outline Where in the World to Travel in 2020
On today’s episode, I’m sharing my travel dream list for 2020 and beyond. As I reflect on 2019, I realize that international travel was (welcomely) replaced by domestic trips this year. In the spirit of adventure and a new decade, here's a peek at my personal bucket list. Show me yours using #bribooks on Instagram and Twitter.info_outline
Today’s “Bri Books” is a conversation with ABeautifulNestTV creator Sandria Kendrick, inspired by the book “The Garden in Every Sense and Season” by Tovah Martin. In this episode, we’re discussing our 2018 gardens, how you can inject green into your 2019, and more.
- 0:45 - Saying goodbye (for now) to The Bri Garden’s 2018 season.
- 2:30 – How a newsletter from urban farming company Square Roots led to “The Garden in Every Sense and Season.”
- 3:20 – How book is divided: Each of the four seasons are represented, with each individual season’s different sensational gifts–sights, sounds, touches, tastes, scents– woven into a story that explores the ever-evolving garden
- 4:00 – Meet Sandria, creator behind the “ABeautifulNestTV” platform on YouTube, online, and on social media. Sandria shares her story of homesteading with her family in Georgia, and how her love for the soil runs through her veins.
- Listen to Sandria’s season 3 interview on Bri Books discussing “Garden Fresh Cooking”
- 7:30 – Sandria’s 2018 garden challenges
- 11:00 – Brionna recommends “The Market Gardener” by Jean-Martin Fortier
- 11:30 – In the book “The Garden in Every Sense and Season” mentioned, “Don’t twiddle your green thumbs in winter. Wintertime is a time for bring things inward.” How can we relish the joys of colder weather?
- 15::00 – How can we inject green and enjoying sensea and seasons into ur November December and beyond?
- 15:30 – Bringing the green inside! Overwintering plants (repotting and growing indoors), growing lettuce, succulents and aloe, indoors are great ways to keep the green inside, even after it all falls away outside. Using blooming branches—flowers that grow on a branch-- or cuttings from evergreen or fir trees can invite nature indoors.
- 18:30 – Sneak peak into Heirloom Acres Seed Store!
- 18:50 – The story behind Heirloom Acres Seed Store
- 23:00 – Fruit and Veggie Varieties 101 with Sandria
- 26:00 – Sandria on Heirloom Acres Seed Store, blog, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube.
- 27:00 – Brionna’s story of mailing tomatoes to grandmother, aunt, mother. It was a sweet family intergenerational moment that wouldn't have been possible without abeautifulnest.
- 29:30 – Sandria’s #BriBooks: “The Flower Workshop” by Ariella Chezar, “Easy Green Living” by Renee Loux, “The Green Beauty Guide” by Julie Gabriel.