#261 - Don't Let Your Race Plan Your Body - The Building Blocks of Training
Release Date: 04/22/2019
Are you forcing your body into shape based on a date on the calendar? Today, we talk about why that is usually a losing proposition for long-term health, happiness, and success. We also hit on shortening your recovery time for effective intervals, the Sophomore slump, and why things like massages can be your worst decision on race week.
- reverse bricks
- mental approach to long build phases
- why it takes you a while to feel right
- shortening your recovery time
- damage, repair, damage, repair
- athlete pitfalls
- the Triathlete’s Sophomore Slump
- massages good, bad, ugly
- pain from the bike that hurts the run
- fueling and hydration - all day long
- how to make your intervals effective
- the Amazon cure to loneliness
- being AWARE of everything that’s going on
- emotional and mental stress
- Your body doesn’t care
- Don’t Let Your Race Plan Your Body
- When it’s a good decision to not race
- How to deal with Race Week Anxiety
- focus on executing to the best of your ability
- start slow
- lower expectations and enjoy the day
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron