#262 - Pushing Through, Staying Strong, and Managing Pain
Release Date: 04/25/2019
How do we know the difference between discomfort and pain? Are you willing to allow yourself to fail trying to find out? Today, it's all about managing pain and understanding your threshold. How inflammation affects your threshold. Defining pain as effort and rewiring your self preservation system. What distance are you wired for?
Sometimes you sit down with a friend to have an in-depth, meaningful conversation, and it's HARD. But your connection with that person will be so much deeper than it is with someone else. That's the same kind of conversation you can have with your body." --Coach Robbie
- Managing pain
- What’s your pain threshold?
- Allowing yourself to fail
- When it’s a good idea to try and “blow up”
- “I think I could have pushed it a little more”
- What’s the best distance for you based on your life?
- Are you wired more for long or shorter races?
- Finding the appropriate level of uncomfortable
- longer intervals and fast finishes
- Finding a way during long training weeks
- Inflammation and pain . . . how it oddly helps
- Is more pain the better?
- Does maturity affect your pain threshold?
- Sometimes open your discomfort gateway
- Finding a way to reach uncomfortable comfort
- Talking yourself into pain
- We don’t like how it feels, but it might be Okay
- Go INTO the pain
- Pushing Uphills vs Pushing Downhills
- What is pain?
- Dealing with Ego in Pain
- Defining pain as effort
- Find opportunities to push just a little more
- Rewiring the self preservation system
- Racing vs. Participating
- Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t or it’s wrong
- We can accomplish great things if we can get out of our own way
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron