#267 - When A Race Consumes Your Life
Release Date: 05/13/2019
Months and months of training for one day. That's a lot of pressure to put on yourself. Today we look at how training plans unfold and how you can adjust to stay mentally and physically fit on a daily basis so race day doesn't create undo stress in your life.
- You can’t control the weather
- The best remedy for a hot race
- Running in the heat
- Training for a hot race
- aero helmet or aero road helmet?
- Sleeves or Sleeveless wetsuits
- When should I put the wetsuit on?
- Which part do you look forward to most?
- Race week pain
- Mike signs up for Garmin Connect
- Mental and Emotional Burnout
- Planning a Wedding Analogy
- How far out is too far out to think about races
- Why most Ironman training plans do it wrong
- Physical and mental limiters
- What are your time constraints?
- The fundamental flaws of training plans
- "We’re doing good, but I think we can do better”
- Starting over on a puzzle every day
- The biggest recipe for over training and injury
- Your body doesn’t care what your mind says
- Are we ever truly satisfied?
- The importance of adjusting your training plan
- How to handle next week if you missed some this week
Support the Crushing Iron podcast on Patreon, where the community pledge is only $3.26 per month. There are other options, but every little bit helps us keep this podcast on the rails. Thanks in advance.
You can also support us at our new store at CrushingIron.com. We have some NEW classic logo t-shirts and the Official Crushing Iron Spectator shirt for sale. Support the cast and get some new gear for it!
Please subscribe and rate Crushing Iron on YouTube and iTunes.
Support our podcast with some New Gear at CrushingIron.com
For information on the C26 Coach’s Eye custom swim analysis, coaching, or training camps email: C26Coach@gmail.com
YouTube: Crushing Iron