EP 076: There is No Age Limit in Travel
Release Date: 05/11/2018
Welcome to this very special mother’s day episode with my travel mentor and grandmother, Sandy Duffy.
Whenever people ask me who I look up to on solo travel, I always say it’s my grandmother, but I never really got the chance to tell them why. My grandmother is a trailblazer, a woman who has wanderlust in her spirit.
My grandmother has always wanted to see more of the world, a desire she and my grandfather does not share. She then started doing things my grandfather was not interested in doing. Both of them took time to do their own thing, and never needed to ask permission. But they were both very supportive of each other.
Her first trip was a girl’s trip with her friends to Australia and New Zealand in 2001. Her travels made her experience marvelous people, phenomenal cuisine and amazing sights. Coming across new cultures has fueled her yearning for more travel.
Her trip to the Grand Canyon was such an inspiration and makes her want to travel even more. Sharing the trip with her 75-year old friend, who told her that it’s either she sees the Grand Canyon now or never, they both proved that there is no age limit in traveling. The spirit of travel is present in all generations.
She motivates those around her to travel. I respect her deeply as she is passing on the spirit of travel to the next generation.
- Sandy started traveling solo without her significant other.
- Her trip to Australia and New Zealand has inspired her to see more of the world.
- There are challenges to be faced in having trips with friends.
- Sandy shares tips on how to travel extendedly with friends.
- She shares her Grand Canyon trip and the unbelievable challenge she had.
- Sandy shares how she prepares for a travel without her age being a challenge.
- Sandy shares some regrets in her trips and advices for people who want to travel.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Leave a Review:
Did you like this episode? Please leave an honest review on iTunes with your feedback! Also, please subscribe to the Go Solo Live podcast on iTunes, to get notified when a new episode gets released. I appreciate your listening to this week’s show. And tune in next week for another great guest.