250: Amy & Jamie Honey: Transform Your Sales Through Laughter
Release Date: 05/15/2019
Edutainers Amy and Jamie Honey use improv and game-play to empower companies and sales teams to build healthier cultures and greater sales and profitability.
Originally from Australia, Jamie Honey has taught and facilitated Improv for many large organizations such as Warner Brother Movie World, Gold Coast Screen Academy, Phoenix Rising School, and Universal Studios Japan. A graduate of Queensland University of Technology, Jamie stumbled upon acting and drama while in high school. He was one of 30 people, from 5000, selected to attend the prestigious drama and acting program offered at QUT, and it was here he discovered his talent and interest in comedy and improv.
This interest in laughter eventually led him into the science and benefits of ‘happiness’, emotional intelligence and mindset training. Jamie has trained with renowned experts such as Dr. Joe Dispenza, Gerry Robert, and Brian Nieves. He is recognized for being a master sales tactician and is sought after by many of the world’s leading sales organizations to close ultra-high end products and programs and teach others to break down limiting beliefs. When he is not transforming lives through improv and laughter, you might catch him falling off a ten story building… Yup, he’s also an international stunt actor!
Amy Honey is a pull no punches, powerhouse speaker and trainer in the areas of customer engagement, body language, behavior modification and habit transformation. She has extensive background in high ticket sales, and is known by her peers as a powerful closer.
Amy is also passionate about helping girls and women find their courage, just as she had to learn do starting at the age of 16, when she found herself alone and independent. Through her own resourcefulness she still managed to graduate from high school. At age 20, she became a single mom, and chose to put her family’s welfare first, while overcoming numerous obstacles in an unreceptive market place. It was during these life challenges and entrepreneurial journey she crossed paths with personal development and discovered her love for speaking and training. Her passion for personal growth, travel and transforming lives has taken Amy all over the world, helping people transform their lives through behavior observation and habit change.
In today’s conversation, Amy and Jamie explain the benefits of improv and how you can incorporate it into a powerful personal development program for yourself and your teams; one that fosters creativity, innovation and higher performance. We also explore the essence of sales and how to transform your beliefs and habits in order to connect better with your clients, communicate your value proposition and enroll others in doing business with you.
The possibilities are endless! As Jamie points out, “When you improve the quality of your thinking, you improve the quality of your life.”
- Nervousness is just energy that hasn’t been attached to a goal or an outcome. When it is attached to a goal or an outcome it becomes excitement.
- Personal development is being aware of what your thoughts are and improv is having fun with what your thoughts are through game-playing.
- When you improve the quality of your thinking, you improve the quality of your life.
- Laughter boosts your immune system. It also creates rapport with others.
- Two minutes of laughter will last for 4-5 hours chemically in the body.
- Selling is a multi-step process of connecting, communicating, qualifying, and enrolling.
- Most sales people approach the conversation with their own belief structure, wallet and budget – as opposed to listening to the client’s belief structure, wallet and budget.
- Are you actively listening or are you listening with an agenda? If you’re actively listening, you’re hearing everything they are saying. If you’re listening with an agenda, you’re hearing only what supports your belief structure.
- Improv is a powerful way to train you in the habit of actively listening, which is more than just hearing the words they say.
- Improv training teaches people that they can offer any suggestion and ultimately innovate, because there is no wrong in improv.
Experience Amy and Jamie Honey’s Training Live!
Think and Grow Rich World Tour – Receive $200 off your ticket with this code: “honey”
Learn how to receive a free 2-hour training for your team while Amy and Jamie are in your city for the World Tour – contact them for details.
Connect With Amy & Jamie Honey
- Website: http://www.improvforimpact.com
- Website: http://www.thehoneydare.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thehoneydare
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/amyjohoney