001 Lejeunecast: Can the GP rescue ED?
Release Date: 12/18/2018
Welcome to our first podcast!
We are super excited to bring to our patients, colleague doctors, students, parents and affiliated organisations our Lejeunecast! Please subscribe to this and future episodes.
We discuss preventable admissions to the emergency department, whether junior schoolboy rugby is as dangerous as made out, a new platform to reach patients by their general practice, advance care planning and an interview with our practice nurse.
Get Lejeunecast off the ground via Patreon https://www.patreon.com/lejeunecast
References in order of mention:
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australian hospital statistics 2009–10. emergency department care and elective surgery waiting times. Canberra: AIHW, 2010. (AIHW Cat. No. HSE 93; Health Services Series No. 38.) http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=6442472405
- Yusuf Nagree, Vanessa J Camarda, Daniel M Fatovich, Peter A Cameron, Ian Dey, Andrew D Gosbell, Sally M McCarthy and David Mountain,Med J Aust 2013; 198 (11): 612-615
- Richardson DB, Mountain D. Myths versus facts in emergency department overcrowding and hospital access block. Med J Aust 2009; 190: 369-374.
- David J Buckley, Paul W Curtis and Joseph G McGirr, The effect of a general practice after-hours clinic on emergency department presentations: a regression time series analysis,Med J Aust 2010; 192 (8): 448-451
- "Oppressive Gloom" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License