121: Get Out Of Your Own Way And Create A Powerful Life with Lindsey Schwartz
Release Date: 06/03/2019
Lindsey Schwartz is an Arizona-based Midwest girl at heart. After college she packed up everything she owned and moved west to pursue the corporate dream, only to realize that it was not for her. She dove into personal development in search of a way to make a living building her own dreams instead of someone else’s.
Lindsey started her first business part-time at the age of 26 and over the next several years became an accomplished fitness athlete, speaker, full-time entrepreneur, and author of the best-selling book Powerhouse Woman: How to get out of your own way, fulfill your unique purpose, and live a powerful life. In 2017 Lindsey founded the Powerhouse Women event as a way to help women get out of their own way and into ACTION around their own big ideas and dreams.
Lindsey is passionate about building community and believes that women are most successful when they collaborate and sincerely root for one another to win. Her heart for collaboration inspired Lindsey’s latest project, the Powerhouse Women GirlGang, a membership community for like-minded women to connect, grow, and confidently pursue their big ideas.
In this episode we dive into:
- How Lindsey made the shift from corporate America to starting her own business.
- Lindsey’s journey from blogging to writing her book, Powerhouse Woman, and how she “accidentally” fell into creating the Powerhouse Women brand.
- The importance of sharing both the good and the bad parts of the entrepreneurship journey, especially with women.
- How Lindsey realized her “dream job” out of college could be easily expendable during the beginning of a recession, pushing her to look for plan B.
- How knowing what motivates you can help decide when it’s the right time to jump ship and go all in on your dreams.
- Manufacturing urgency, and why Lindsey puts herself into different accountability structures to keep her moving and forward.
- The importance of investing in ourselves.
- Hustle vs. Flow State and why Lindsey made the conscious choice to focus fully on her 2nd business.
- Lindsey’s “aha moment” that allowed her to disconnect her identity from her business.
- The 2 biggest roadblocks women are experiencing when trying to step out of their comfort zones, and how “powerhouse women” can overcome those obstacles.
- How to cultivate self-confidence, which in turn leads to freedom from our fears and breaks our safety nets.
- Why taking action to pursue things we are curious about either opens a new door for us or directs us.