109: Using Mindfulness, Meditation, and Manifesting to Stress Less and Accomplish More with Emily Fletcher
Release Date: 04/23/2019
Emily Fletcher is the founder of Ziva Meditation, author of the bestselling book Stress Less, Accomplish More and is the leading expert in meditation for performance.
The New York Times, The Today Show, Vogue and ABC News have all featured Emily’s work. She’s been named one of the top 100 women in wellness to watch, has taught more than 15,000 students around the world and has spoken on meditation for performance at Apple, Google, Harvard Business School and Barclays Bank. Ziva graduates include Oscar, Grammy, Emmy and Tony award winners, as well as NBA players, CEOs, busy parents, entrepreneurs and everyone in between.
Her recent accomplishments provide a stark contrast to the stressed out Broadway performer she was ten years ago. During Emily’s career on Broadway, which included roles in Chicago, The Producers & A Chorus Line, she began going gray at 27, suffering from insomnia, underperforming at work and getting sick 4-5 times a year — and believing this was all “normal.”
In 2008, Emily was introduced to a powerful practice that cured her insomnia and improved her health on the very first day. She stopped going gray, she stopped getting sick, and started kicking ass at work (and loving it). Her physical and professional transformation was so dramatic that she felt inspired to share it with others.
One year later, Emily left Broadway for Rishikesh, India to begin what would become three years of teacher training. She founded Ziva in 2011 opening the NYC studio and created the world’s first online meditation training.
After years of teaching thousands of people, Emily realized that meditation was not enough to help her students perform at the top of their personal and professional game. In 2017, Emily developed The Ziva Technique: a powerful trifecta of mindfulness, meditation and manifesting designed to unlock your full potential. The proven benefits of The Ziva Technique include decreased stress, less anxiety, deeper sleep, improved immune function, increased productivity and extraordinary performance.
Ziva’s teaching style is entertaining, accessible, easy to adopt, and attracts many top performers from around the globe.
In this episode we dive into:
- The story of Emily’s life on Broadway and the toll that it took on her physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Her introduction to meditation, how she adopted it into her schedule and the impact it began to have on her life.
- Emily dives into the trifecta of Ziva meditation and what makes it different, including: mindfulness, meditation, and manifesting.
- The difference in meditating to get rid of the stress we have now versus meditating to get rid of the stress from the past.
- Why most people, even when they think they are, and not using the correct approach to manifestation.
- Learning the balance of being happy and fulfilled with where we currently are while still wanting to push and grow going forward.
- What Emily calls the “I’ll be happy when” syndrome and how you can start to shift out of this mindset.
- Her opinion on whether there is a difference between male and female intuition.
- Emily's biggest mindset shift since starting meditation and how this has led to healthier relationships with people.
- How Emily creates a sense of balance in her life by fluctuating between busy season and slow seasons and how she maintains the relationship with her husband during both times.
- Her simple breathing technique that you can utilize right now to help you feel a sense of calm and that can help reduce anxiety.