119: Going "All In" On Your Life with Tyler Jack Harris
Release Date: 05/28/2019
In 2014, Tyler Jack Harris found himself at rock bottom. After a failed marriage and failed business, he found himself broke and alone. Worst of all, he was playing the victim, ruled by fear. So what changed? In a word- EVERYTHING. Tyler began a process he calls “waging war on personal change”, which started with taking ownership. He realized that he was exactly where he was supposed to be because of the actions and decisions he had made. He began attacking personal development, as he knew he would have to transform from the inside out.
Some mentors came into his life around that time and gave him an opportunity to join their agency and sell life insurance. He put his head down and went to work. Over the next 3.5 years, Tyler sold over 8,000 life insurance policies, one on one, face to face. He spent over 200 nights per year in a hotel, working 16, 18, 20 hour days. Going from being completely broke to a millionaire in such a short time is where most rags to riches stories end.
Tyler felt such a responsibility to pay it forward, for the blessings he had received and for having those mentors come into his life. He began documenting his life on social media in 2017, to be a light in a dark world and breathe life into others as his mentors had done for him. As with everything, Tyler went all in. He created two podcasts, a daily vlog and a weekly vlog, and created a motivational brand. He reached a weekly high reach of over 49 million people last year. With a videographer traveling with him 24/7 documenting every move, Tyler hopes to impact the lives of millions and never ask for anything in return.
In this episode we dive into:
- Tyler's struggle with a failed marriage, failed business, all time low self esteem, and the 2 year rut this put him in where he played the victim.
- How Tyler went from using life's obstacles as excuses to going all in on his dreams and ultimately owning 2 separate multi-million dollar companies.
- Why our safety nets are the biggest barriers keeping us from stepping out and accomplishing greatness.
- Putting yourself into the position of “having to make it work” vs. “trying it out” and how to create this sense of urgency for yourself.
- Why the perfect opportunities in life never come when you are failing at the opportunities that you have, but rather when you are excelling at them.
- Tyler's focus on the ROI of impact rather than the dollar revenue coming in, honing in on the people being reached and the importance of every follower that comes across the message he is spreading.
- Tyler's belief that every successful person has a moment when they shift their motivations from their head to their heart, finally allowing them to live their lives at their full potential.
- “LIFE Goals”, the 90 day goal system that Tyler and his business partners have put into place for their employees to keep accountability and create growth.
- How Tyler was able to make the move from being on the road 200+ days a year, to being able to work from home and spend more time with his family.
- How Tyler's daughter has helped change the lens through which Tyler sees the world, and why he has been inspired by her to document his words.
- The importance of mentors, always seeking to learn from those with more experience, or helping those who can benefit from your knowledge.
- Why not documenting his rock bottom is Tyler's biggest regret.
- The living legacy that we should all be working on leaving behind for future generations.