286: Managing Food Purchasing, Storage & Stock Control
Release Date: 12/06/2018
Ken Burgin talks with chef and kitchen management expert Andrew Briese of Cooking the Books. In the first of two podcast interviews, they had a lively discussion on the initial stages of the food management sequence: ordering, storage and stock control. Topics covered include:
- Common mistakes people make when they choose suppliers
- Best practice for ordering methods and deciding on quantities
- Best practice with storage or dry and cold goods.
- Managing the ever-present problem of theft
- Stocktake methods for small operators – who usually never do stocktakes!
- Managing and measuring food wastage