RL 114: Emily Markos — Fighting Anxiety and Finding Peace Through Mindfulness
Release Date: 02/18/2019
In this episode, I am excited to have Emily Markos on to talk about fighting anxiety and finding peace through mindfulness.
Emily graduated from Rutgers Camden School of Law in 2010. After graduation she clerked in the US District Court in Pennsylvania, and then spent 6 years as a general commercial civil litigator. In 2014 she became a mom, and in 2017 she left private practice to work for the Social Security Administration. She has recently incorporated a mindfulness practice in her life through yoga, and has found a lot of peace and happiness through that practice.
- Yoga as a mindfulness practice, some misconceptions about yoga, and what to look for if you want to try yoga or if you are looking to deepen your existing practice.
- Understanding EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing) and how it is used to help process and reprogram trauma.
- Some of the common causes of anxiety in lawyers, and discussion on coping skills that can be developed to manage that anxiety and find peace.
- Postpartum depression and anxiety, erasing the stigma and being open about it.
- Tips and suggestions to make time for things as a mom and lawyer.
For more information, visit: jeenacho.com
Order The Anxious Lawyer book — Available in hardcover, Kindle and Audible
Find Your Ease: Retreat for Lawyers
I’m creating a retreat that will provide a perfect gift of relaxation and rejuvenation with an intimate group of lawyers. Interested? Please complete this form: https://jeena3.typeform.com/to/VXfIXq
Learn to relax the mind, worry less, and decrease stress. https://jeenacho.com/podcastwebinar/
MINDFUL PAUSE: Bite-Sized Practices for Cultivating More Joy and Focus
31-day program. Spend just 6 minutes every day to practice mindfulness and meditation. Decrease stress/anxiety, increase focus and concentration. Interested? http://jeenacho.com/mindful-pause/
Thanks for joining us on The Resilient Lawyer podcast. If you’ve enjoyed the show, please tell a friend. It’s really the best way to grow the show. To leave us a review on iTunes, search for The Resilient Lawyer and give us your honest feedback. It goes a long way to help with our visibility when you do that so we really appreciate it.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you next week.