GLOW, Season One
Release Date: 07/05/2019
This 2017 Netflix television show is a critically acclaimed fictional depiction of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling that were popular in the 1980s. We discuss how the show's creators handle representation of stereotypes while also criticizing the worst of America's fears.
- Get in the Ring: How ‘GLOW’ Recreates the Golden Age of Lady-Wrestling TV
- Why ‘GLOW’ Creators Made Women’s Wrestling Series
- How the Original G.L.O.W. Wrestlers Helped Shape the Netflix Hit
- ‘GLOW’ Fight Coordinator Chavo Guerrero Jr. on Getting Wrestling Right
- Obsessed With ‘GLOW’? Meet The Real Female Wrestlers Who Inspired The Show
- How accurate is Netflix GLOW series? Original GLOW girl Tina Ferrari weighs in
- What GLOW Gets Right About Pro Wrestling
- “The Slow and Sudden Rise of Marc Maron,” Newsweek Global. 6/29/2018, Vol. 170 Issue 24, p26-33.
- Glowing Past: Netflix's "GLOW" costume designer on '80s trends and the evolution of sneakers, FN: Footwear News. 7/16/2018, Vol. 74 Issue 22, p10-1