The Terminal Beach by J. G. Ballard
Release Date: 07/19/2019
Thanks to our Co-producer Miriam Meaney for this week's topic!
This 1964 collection of short science fiction stories shows a writer in conflict with his own genre in the wake of horrible family tragedy. We discuss Ballard's interest in psychological inner space and speculative fiction to better understand his role in the history of literature.
Interested in the media we discussed this episode? Please support the show by purchasing it through our affiliate store:
- The New Science Fiction
- Strange fiction
- A brief survey of the short story part 26: JG Ballard
- Four Stories: "The Drowned Giant" by J.G. Ballard | Weird Fiction Review
- 'The Complete Stories of J.G. Ballard' - Los Angeles Times
- The Catastrophist The haunting science fiction of J.G. Ballard
- Ballard, James Graham (1930–2009)
- BOOKS Remembering J.G. Ballard's Science Fiction Legacy
- JG Ballard: Extreme Metaphor: A Crash Course In The Fiction Of JG Ballard
- The Corner of Lovecraft and Ballard
- J. G. Ballard, The Art of Fiction No. 85
- Wilson DH. J. G. Ballard. Urbana: University of Illinois Press; 2017.