Episode 104 – Digital Lifestyle
Release Date: 06/06/2019
Interview with Microsoft Senior Cloud Advocate Pierre Roman @WiredCanuckinfo_outline Episode 111 - Cumbersome Covid19
After a two month break the Surfacesmiths cover some interesting news from Microsoft and Wuhaninfo_outline Episode 110 – Powershell Fish Sauce
Interview with Jeffery Hicks, Author of Learn Powershell in a month of lunchesinfo_outline Episode 109 - Announcements from Ignite
Colin and David distill the 150+ announcements from Microsoft Igniteinfo_outline Episode 108 - Lick It Up!
Rats with Artificial Tongues Driving Carsinfo_outline Technology Distilled Trailer
As we are about to switch over to the new show format we thought we'd share the new intro with you. Share and Enjoy!info_outline Episode 107 - Hybrid
David and Colin start to transition to the new show format and talk about cars and underwearinfo_outline Episode 106 - Farewell
The Final episode of the Universal Windows Podcast reviewing details of the Oct 2nd Surface Event in NYC.info_outline Episode 105 – Neo? Duo? Trio!
Play by play of the NYC Surface event October 2, 2019info_outline Episode 104 – Digital Lifestyle
Guest host Ian Dixon from the Digital Lifestyle Podcast joins Colin to discuss technology News and Trends.info_outline
Feature of the Week
This week we discuss three free Apps that rock the Surface
- CollaBoard is a collaboration workspace that takes advantage of Ink and Touch
- Xodo PDF Reader & Editor is a simple PDF reader that supports ink markup
- Bamboo Paper is the closest thing to actual paper for the Surface
News of the Week
- The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now available
- Microsoft has started rolling out its new option for controlling feature updates.
- Microsoft releases a Windows XP Security Patch
- Microsoft brings PowerToys back to let anyone improve Windows 10 for power users
- Windows 10 now on 825 million devices
- Alexa is now hands-free on every Windows 10 device - except Canada!
- Microsoft will ship a full Linux kernel in Windows 10
- Microsoft unveils Windows Terminal, a new command line app for Windows
- Windows 10's Your Phone app can now view and send MMS messages
- Microsoft Solitaire inducted into World Video Game Hall of Fame
- Microsoft says its 'xCloud' Xbox streaming service will work with thousands of games
- 'Gaming disorder' deemed an official illness by WHO
- Qualcomm is a monopoly and must renegotiate deals, judge rules
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 8cx smashes Intel Core i5 in new PCMark10 benchmarks
- Apple Maps announces plans to start surveying Canada for image and data collection
- Apple says your iPhone could injure you. A repair specialist is appalled
- Ian discusses updates in 20H1
- Microsoft patent shows a redesigned Type Cover for the Surface Pro 7
- Amazon preparing a wearable that ‘reads human emotions,’ says report
Getting to Know Ian Dixon
Colin asked Ian the standard Surfacesmiths interview questions. Here are the questions but you will have to listen to get the answers. Hint, some of his answers are very British
- Where do you live?
- Do you own a woodchipper?
- What's your family situation?
- What was your first computer and laptop?
- What was your first phone?
- What was your first job?
- What was your first kiss?
- What is your current computer?
- What is your current phone?
- What is your current job?
- What is your current kiss?
- What is your favourite sandwich?
- What are you excited about in windows 10
Whiskey of the Week
Colin has to drink alone as Ian’s not really a Whiskey drinker and it’s 6 hours later in the UK. Of course he goes to one of his favourites.