A podcast where comedians who crush onstage discuss their most memorable unrequited crushes offstage.
info_outline 95. Valerie Tosi 02/06/2020
95. Valerie Tosi Comedian talks about how having a crush alters her behavio, why her crushes usually think she doesn't like them, and the 90s actor that caught her eye as a kid growing up in New England. We also talk about Catherine O'Hara and Schitt's Creek because Valerie knows what's up!
info_outline 92. Alonso Duralde 11/27/2019
92. Alonso Duralde Film critic (The Wrap, , Who Shot Ya?) literally wrote the book on Christmas movies... In this very special "It's Thanksgiving, so fire up the Christmas movies!"-episode of CRUSHED, Alonso reviews Sarah's favorite Christmas movies, talks about his own favorite Christmas movies, and his book !
info_outline 89. Sharon Houston 10/30/2019
89. Sharon Houston It's our Halloween episode and this week we have comedian and TV producer spilling the TEA on her #1 comedy crush! Sister names NAMES here and makes herself vulnerable in a spooooky way that would terrify most people! ...Can you tell it's our Halloween episode? We also talk about thriving in FWB situations (that's Friends with Bennies), spotting scary ass red flags in someone you're dating, and the actual ghost that haunted Sharon's rent-controlled NYC apartment in Hell's Kitchen.
info_outline 88. Joe Dosch 10/21/2019
88. Joe Dosch Comedian () talks about growing up in rural South Dakota, studying film in Montana, comedy crushes, and pursuing standup in Los Angeles. We also discuss The Comedy Store, Bill Hicks, Jamar Neighbors, why the scarcity mentality doesn't work, and the importance of positive affirmations to counteract self-doubt.
info_outline 87. Kate Freund 10/07/2019
87. Kate Freund Filmmaker and movie buff ("" on Shudder) talks about crushes she had while growing up in Topanga and attending high school in Malibu, her favorite filmmakers, film genres and dispenses some dope advice on how to make yourself more "crush-worthy."
info_outline 84. TV Crushes with Ricky Carmona! [Part 2] 09/05/2019
84. TV Crushes with Ricky Carmona! [Part 2] In part two of this two part series, (Tosh.0, Who Shot Ya?) comes back to CRUSHED to talk TV! We tackle the following TV crush categories: Will They, Won't They? Storyline Crushes TV Couple Crushes TV Villain Crushes TV Writer Crushes TV Theme Song Crushes TV Score Crushes and finally.... GREATEST TV SHOW OF ALL TIME CRUSH! NEW THEME SONG ALERT! Super excited to now have "Streets of NY" by Donell Mase on CRUSHED! Shout out to Epidemic Sound for the new tunes. Hope you enjoy these new TV Crush episodes and the new music. Please leave a review and let me know what you think!
info_outline 83. TV Crushes with Ricky Carmona! [Part 1] 09/05/2019
83. TV Crushes with Ricky Carmona! [Part 1] In part one of this two part series, (Tosh.0, Who Shot Ya?) comes back to CRUSHED to talk TV! We tackle the following TV crush categories: TV "crushes" who influenced you or your style TV crushes we wanted to holler at/take on a DATE TV best friends—who'd you wanna hang out with? TV parents/mothers/fathers TV bosses—who'd you wanna work for? TV jobs—if you could have a TV character's job, which would it be? Also, NEW THEME SONG ALERT! Super excited to now have "Streets of NY" by Donell Mase on CRUSHED! Shout out to Epidemic Sound for the new tunes. Hope you enjoy these new TV Crush episodes and the new music. Please leave a review and let me know what you think!
info_outline 78. Kelsy Abbott & Julia Vickerman 07/29/2019
78. Kelsy Abbott & Julia Vickerman is out today on and to celebrate, we have creator and showrunner and writer and voice actor on CRUSHED! Tune in to hear Julia and Kelsy's all time greatest crushes, including their favorite movie, music, and comedy crushes from over the years.
info_outline 77. Jamie Loftus 07/15/2019
77. Jamie Loftus Comedian, artist, and podcast host, Jamie Loftus (Bechdelcast, Boss Whom Is Girl), breaks down her biggest crushes on movie, TV and book characters, the "short kings" she crushed on IRL, and her origin story as a performer and her love of musical theater growing up in Massachusetts.
info_outline From the CRUSHED Vault! Sina Grace! 07/09/2019
From the CRUSHED Vault! Sina Grace! The CRUSHED team has a hot summery replay pulled from the archives to tide you over until we come back from summer vacation next week! Writer, , and all-around wonderful person, , recorded this episode with Sarah at the tail end of 2014. Since then, Sina has gone on to do so much! He wrote the Ice Man series for Marvel comics, designed for long-time ' 2019 album "On the Line," and debuted his most recent book series ... Don't even get us started on Self-Obsessed—we'd run out of time! The real CHAI: Sina has done so much in the last four years since he's been on the show, we should really have him back. In the meantime, please enjoy this summer break replay and pick up a copy of today!
info_outline From the CRUSHED vault! Dave Hill! 07/01/2019
From the CRUSHED vault! Dave Hill! Celebrate the Fourth of July this year with a cool little slice of Dave Hill gushing about crushes, hockey, Ohio, and comedy. Dave Hill is an , rock god, and hands down one of the funniest, most endearing writers out there. Pick up a copy of his book , revisit his cute ass 2015 appearance on CRUSHED, jump in the pool, eat a hot dog with ketchup, and donate to these organizations helping with the humanitarian crisis at the American border: — They have an Amazon Smile profile so you can support them while shopping Amazon! The that need your support.
info_outline 76. Ali MacLean 06/24/2019
76. Ali MacLean Playwright has two words for you: HOT PRIEST. Check out Ali discussing crushes, the genius that is Bill Hader and "Barry," and why The Apartment is one of her favorite movies of all time. You can support Ali's latest play She's Not There by following and, if you're able to, by chipping in to the production budget .
info_outline From the CRUSHED vault! Amaya Perea! 06/10/2019
From the CRUSHED vault! Amaya Perea! An oldie episode but a goodie episode to tide you over while the CRUSHED team prepares our next dope ass episode! Amaya Perea, comedian, writer, Jersey girl, and now a mother of two, talks crushes and stand up comedy. Originally aired January 22, 2015, episode 4 of CRUSHED.
info_outline 74. Todd Masterson 06/03/2019
74. Todd Masterson Comedian and writer equates crushing to "a constant state of pining" and readily admits he crushes easily and crushes hard. Todd discusses with Sarah his crushes on Fiona Apple and Ricky Schroeder, comedy crushes on Jimmy Fallon and Margaret Cho, and what it was like to fall in love with his husband. Check out Todd headlining the this August and follow him everywhere on social media at .
info_outline 72. Amber Benson 05/20/2019
72. Amber Benson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Witches of Echo Park) stops by CRUSHED Podcast to talk about crushes that make ya SWEAT! We talk about Amber's childhood obsession with River Phoenix and how some crushes are based on wanting to be LIKE your crush, not necessarily LIKED BY your crush. We also gush about Amber's experience working with Steven Soderbergh, the "friend crushes" she develops on women she wants to befriend, plus our lovely friend Sina Grace, Jeff Buckley, Winona Ryder (of course), Jenny Lewis, Cary Elwes, and Matthew Modine! Check out Amber's books, movies, watch re-runs of Buffy on HULU and keep an eye out for her future projects!
info_outline From the CRUSHED Vault: WANJIKO EKE 05/13/2019
From the CRUSHED Vault: WANJIKO EKE The CRUSHED team is enjoying un petit Spring Break this week and we hope you are too! Please enjoy this early episode from our archives featuring , one of Sarah's all time favorite comedy crushes. Wanjiko hails from Texas and lived in LA for a number of years before transplanting her comedy base to New York City. Wanjiko and Sarah trade messages about the genius that is Whoopi Goldberg to this day. Follow Wanjiko on , , and go see her live in New York or, if you're lucky enough, catch her in your city!
info_outline 71. Candy Lawrence 05/06/2019
71. Candy Lawrence Comedian, performer, and podcast host, (), talks about growing up in New York amongst the rat tails, studying improv and coming up in the Chicago comedy scene, Korean spas in Los Angeles, as well as comedy crushes on Maria Bamford and Kara Klenk and CRUSH crushes on Jennifer Lopez (J.Lo and behold!) and the teacher from Billy Madison, !