A podcast where comedians who crush onstage discuss their most memorable unrequited crushes offstage.
info_outline 84. TV Crushes with Ricky Carmona! [Part 2] 09/05/2019
84. TV Crushes with Ricky Carmona! [Part 2] In part two of this two part series, Ricky Carmona (Tosh.0, Who Shot Ya?) comes back to CRUSHED to talk TV! We tackle the following TV crush categories: Will They, Won't They? Storyline Crushes TV Couple Crushes TV Villain Crushes TV Writer Crushes TV Theme Song Crushes TV Score Crushes and finally.... GREATEST TV SHOW OF ALL TIME CRUSH! NEW THEME SONG ALERT! Super excited to now have "Streets of NY" by Donell Mase on CRUSHED! Shout out to Epidemic Sound for the new tunes. Hope you enjoy these new TV Crush episodes and the new music. Please leave a review and let me know what you think!
info_outline 83. TV Crushes with Ricky Carmona! [Part 1] 09/05/2019
83. TV Crushes with Ricky Carmona! [Part 1] In part one of this two part series, Ricky Carmona (Tosh.0, Who Shot Ya?) comes back to CRUSHED to talk TV! We tackle the following TV crush categories: TV "crushes" who influenced you or your style TV crushes we wanted to holler at/take on a DATE TV best friends—who'd you wanna hang out with? TV parents/mothers/fathers TV bosses—who'd you wanna work for? TV jobs—if you could have a TV character's job, which would it be? Also, NEW THEME SONG ALERT! Super excited to now have "Streets of NY" by Donell Mase on CRUSHED! Shout out to Epidemic Sound for the new tunes. Hope you enjoy these new TV Crush episodes and the new music. Please leave a review and let me know what you think!
info_outline 78. Kelsy Abbott & Julia Vickerman 07/29/2019
78. Kelsy Abbott & Julia Vickerman Twelve Forever is out today on Netflix and to celebrate, we have creator and showrunner Julia Vickerman and writer and voice actor Kelsy Abbott on CRUSHED! Tune in to hear Julia and Kelsy's all time greatest crushes, including their favorite movie, music, and comedy crushes from over the years.
info_outline 77. Jamie Loftus 07/15/2019
77. Jamie Loftus Comedian, artist, and podcast host, Jamie Loftus (Bechdelcast, Boss Whom Is Girl), breaks down her biggest crushes on movie, TV and book characters, the "short kings" she crushed on IRL, and her origin story as a performer and her love of musical theater growing up in Massachusetts.
info_outline From the CRUSHED Vault! Sina Grace! 07/09/2019
From the CRUSHED Vault! Sina Grace! The CRUSHED team has a hot summery replay pulled from the archives to tide you over until we come back from summer vacation next week! Writer, artist, and all-around wonderful person, Sina Grace, recorded this episode with Sarah at the tail end of 2014. Since then, Sina has gone on to do so much! He wrote the Ice Man series for Marvel comics, designed merch and provided art for long-time collaborator Jenny Lewis' 2019 album "On the Line," and debuted his most recent book series Ghosted in LA... Don't even get us started on Self-Obsessed—we'd run out of time! The real CHAI: Sina has done so much in the last four years since he's been on the show, we should really have him back. In the meantime, please enjoy this summer break replay and pick up a copy of Ghosted in LA today!
info_outline From the CRUSHED vault! Dave Hill! 07/01/2019
From the CRUSHED vault! Dave Hill! Celebrate the Fourth of July this year with a cool little slice of Dave Hill gushing about crushes, hockey, Ohio, and comedy. Dave Hill is an American hero, rock god, and hands down one of the funniest, most endearing writers out there. Pick up a copy of his book Tasteful Nudes, revisit his cute ass 2015 appearance on CRUSHED, jump in the pool, eat a hot dog with ketchup, and donate to these organizations helping with the humanitarian crisis at the American border: RAICES Legal Representation, Education, and Advocacy Fund (LEAF) for Unaccompanied Children Support Border Angels — They have an Amazon Smile profile so you can support them while shopping Amazon! The American Bar Association can also link you to legal organizations working to help children and adults detained at the border that need your support.
info_outline 76. Ali MacLean 06/24/2019
76. Ali MacLean Playwright Ali MacLean has two words for you: HOT PRIEST. Check out Ali discussing crushes, the genius that is Bill Hader and "Barry," and why The Apartment is one of her favorite movies of all time. You can support Ali's latest play She's Not There by following @shesnotthereplay and, if you're able to, by chipping in to the production budget on Kickstarter.
info_outline From the CRUSHED vault! Amaya Perea! 06/10/2019
From the CRUSHED vault! Amaya Perea! An oldie episode but a goodie episode to tide you over while the CRUSHED team prepares our next dope ass episode! Amaya Perea, comedian, writer, Jersey girl, and now a mother of two, talks crushes and stand up comedy. Originally aired January 22, 2015, episode 4 of CRUSHED.
info_outline 74. Todd Masterson 06/03/2019
74. Todd Masterson Comedian and writer Todd Masterson equates crushing to "a constant state of pining" and readily admits he crushes easily and crushes hard. Todd discusses with Sarah his crushes on Fiona Apple and Ricky Schroeder, comedy crushes on Jimmy Fallon and Margaret Cho, and what it was like to fall in love with his husband. Check out Todd headlining the Midwest Queer Comedy Festival this August and follow him everywhere on social media at @ToddMasterson.
info_outline 72. Amber Benson 05/20/2019
72. Amber Benson Amber Benson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Witches of Echo Park) stops by CRUSHED Podcast to talk about crushes that make ya SWEAT! We talk about Amber's childhood obsession with River Phoenix and how some crushes are based on wanting to be LIKE your crush, not necessarily LIKED BY your crush. We also gush about Amber's experience working with Steven Soderbergh, the "friend crushes" she develops on women she wants to befriend, plus our lovely friend Sina Grace, Jeff Buckley, Winona Ryder (of course), Jenny Lewis, Cary Elwes, and Matthew Modine! Check out Amber's books, movies, watch re-runs of Buffy on HULU and keep an eye out for her future projects!
info_outline From the CRUSHED Vault: WANJIKO EKE 05/13/2019
From the CRUSHED Vault: WANJIKO EKE The CRUSHED team is enjoying un petit Spring Break this week and we hope you are too! Please enjoy this early episode from our archives featuring Wanjiko Eke, one of Sarah's all time favorite comedy crushes. Wanjiko hails from Texas and lived in LA for a number of years before transplanting her comedy base to New York City. Wanjiko and Sarah trade messages about the genius that is Whoopi Goldberg to this day. Follow Wanjiko on Twitter, Instagram, and go see her live in New York or, if you're lucky enough, catch her in your city!
info_outline 71. Candy Lawrence 05/06/2019
71. Candy Lawrence Comedian, performer, and podcast host, Candy Lawrence (Chill Pills), talks about growing up in New York amongst the rat tails, studying improv and coming up in the Chicago comedy scene, Korean spas in Los Angeles, as well as comedy crushes on Maria Bamford and Kara Klenk and CRUSH crushes on Jennifer Lopez (J.Lo and behold!) and the teacher from Billy Madison, Bridgette Wilson-Sampras!
info_outline 69. Kara Klenk & Jared Logan 04/22/2019
69. Kara Klenk & Jared Logan Comedians and co-hosts of Better Half Comedy, Kara Klenk (Undefeated) and Jared Logan (My Brave Battle, The Twilight Door) discuss crushes they had growing up, being "married to the sea" while pursuing standup in their 20s, and how their relationship has evolved over the years. Kara and Jared are married—to each other—and are having a baby—together—this week! So be sure to buy their albums on iTunes and stream them on Spotify.
info_outline 67. Lizzy Cooperman 04/08/2019
67. Lizzy Cooperman Comedian Lizzy Cooperman (Corporate, "Organism") talks about how her attachment to crushes has changed as she's gotten older, why she would gravitate toward Miss Piggy/Kermit power dynamics, her work in performance art and making music, and her favorite comedy crushes. Pick up Lizzy's comedy album "Organism" here!
info_outline 66. April Wolfe 03/04/2019
66. April Wolfe Film critic and writer, April Wolfe (Switchblade Sisters, Film Comment), reveals her movie crushes (Roy Scheider! John Goodman! Angela Lansbury!) and delves into her love of horror and the difficult movies she enjoys picking apart while watching repeatedly.
info_outline 65. The Return of Ricky Carmona! 02/25/2019
65. The Return of Ricky Carmona! "Who Shot Ya?" week continues as CRUSHED welcomes back its very first guest, Ricky Carmona! Ricky (Tosh.0) gushes with crush-like love for movies like ROMA, MALCOLM X, and CLOUD ATLAS and filmmakers like Michael Mann and Spike Lee. He gives credit where credit is due to Tom Cruise's performance in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE—FALLOUT. Ricky and Sarah also break down this past week's Oscars and pinpoint who their Academy crushes were. Did POOTIE TANG make the list? Listen to find out! Rate and review us on iTunes and email your crush stories—including your movie crushes!—to email@example.com. You might hear your crush on the air in a future episode!
info_outline 64. Drea Clark 02/18/2019
64. Drea Clark Film producer and festival programmer, Drea Clark (LA Film Festival, MaxFun), dishes all her delicious movie crushes and sneaks one or two TV crushes on the list as well. HEATHERS comes up quite a bit as do John Hughes' movies, BILL & TED, "My So Called Life," and GHOSTWORLD—that's right, Steve Buscemi in GHOSTWORLD! EDITOR'S NOTE: while discussing SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL, Drea and Sarah credit Mary Stuart Masterson's role to actress Jennifer Jason Leigh. They realized this mistake after the taping and thus were not able to correct it during the episode. Please note, dear listeners, that we at CRUSHED have all the respect for Mary Stuart Masterson's performance in this John Hughes 80s classic. Please subscribe to the show, rate and review us, and email CRUSHED! Send your crush stories to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. You might hear your story on the show!
info_outline 63. Amy Silverberg 02/11/2019
63. Amy Silverberg Comedian and writer, Amy Silverberg, talks about unrequited crushes, college crushes, and why having a crush on yourself is by far the greatest crush of all (to quote Queen Whitney Houston). Don't bother with someone you have to win over and DON'T go chasin' waterfalls. Amy and Sarah also kick off the 2019 CRUSHED Movie Crush series as we gear up for the Oscars—aka the Cinephile Super Bowl. Listen, subscribe, rate and review the show. And share your CRUSHED stories in the comments. We may read them aloud during our next recording! Email your stories to CrushedPodcastcrushes@gmail.com
info_outline 62. Naomi Ekperigin & Andy Beckerman 02/04/2019
62. Naomi Ekperigin & Andy Beckerman Naomi Ekperigin (2 Dope Queens, Broad City, Comedy Central Half Hour) and Andy Beckerman (Beginnings, Couples Therapy) appear on a very special Couples Therapy edition of CRUSHED as we gear up for Valentine's Day. Not only are they brilliant, talented, and hard-working comedians and writers, they're also a real life couple! Naomi and Andy talk about growing up on the east coast, their roads to comedy, and how their friendship blossomed into a courtship which then grew into a beautiful friendship...somewhat suddenly. Plus, we talk comedy crushes. Spoiler alert: Naomi and Andy have some pretty fantastic picks when it comes to comedy crushes. No surprise, there. Take a listen, subscribe to satisfy your cravings, and then rate and review us—and tell me all your secret crush stories in the comments!
info_outline 61. Brittani Nichols 01/28/2019
61. Brittani Nichols Brittani Nichols (Suicide Kale, "Transparent") discusses crushes in an "ideal podcasting situation" with Sarah's dog Scout attentively listening within the walls of the CRUSHED studio (i.e., Sarah's living room). Brittani talks about growing up in Chicago, college life at Yale, working in the Bay area, moving to LA for a career in TV—and why Schitt's Creek is one of the sweetest sitcoms out there. Follow Brittani on social media at @Bishilarious.