Meeting the leaders in the influence industry - and better understanding how influence works in today's hyper-connected world. Hosted by Walter Jennings (Hong Kong)
info_outline Coronavirus Classroom: Lessons & insights from Hong Kong Academy’s quick pivot to remote learning 03/05/2020
Coronavirus Classroom: Lessons & insights from Hong Kong Academy’s quick pivot to remote learning To contain coronavirus, the Education Department in Hong Kong ordered schools to close. Now they're scheduled to return on 20 April – a full 87 days after the last school day.
info_outline Brave Together: After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle 01/22/2020
Brave Together: After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle How does a CEO make their mark on the company they’re leading? In this podcast Gemma Greaves discusses her challenge when taking the leadership of The Marketing Society.
info_outline Greater Bay: Getting the Insider’s Edge with Tony Verb 01/06/2020
Greater Bay: Getting the Insider’s Edge with Tony Verb The Greater Bay Area represents an ambitious plan to compete with Silicon Valley by pooling talent, financial, infrastructure, and technological economies of scale to build the first true global competitor.
info_outline After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle: Paid to Think with David Goldsmith 10/17/2019
After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle: Paid to Think with David Goldsmith In Paid to Think, international consultant David Goldsmith presents his groundbreaking approach to leadership and management, based on research revealing the 12 specific activities that all leaders perform on a daily basis, and he provides you with each activity's accompanying tools and instructions proven to boost your performance and that of your entire organisation.
info_outline After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle: Emerging Market Risk with Gene Yu 09/27/2019
After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle: Emerging Market Risk with Gene Yu Companies operating in emerging markets are susceptible to security crises that may have devastating impacts on their assets, finances or reputation.
info_outline Hong Kong - Paths Forward with Antony Dapiran, Author of City of Protest 08/29/2019
Hong Kong - Paths Forward with Antony Dapiran, Author of City of Protest Our focus is Hong Kong and our podcast is with Antony Dapiran, author of “City of Protest: A Recent History of Dissent in Hong Kong.”
info_outline 30. Addressing Income Inequality with Emma Dale 07/09/2019
30. Addressing Income Inequality with Emma Dale Addressing income inequality is an issue close to the heart of Emma Dale, co-founder of Prospect Resourcing. She’s a specialist recruiter in the communications and public relations industry. Each year together with Public Affairs Asia they publish the State of the Industry Report.
info_outline 29. After the #DES19 Party with Lluis Altes 07/02/2019
29. After the #DES19 Party with Lluis Altes DES is one of the largest technology conferences in Europe (visit their website here). Held annually in Madrid each May, the convention covers all aspects of technology and attracts wide-ranging industries.
info_outline 28. Ultimate WeChat Guide with David Ketchum 06/25/2019
28. Ultimate WeChat Guide with David Ketchum WeChat is a wildly successful "everything" App in China. It combines the best of Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, eBay, PayPal, WhatsApp, FaceTime and more. It's a complete ecosphere that few need to exit.
info_outline 25. Measuring Influence with Daniel Sanchez 06/05/2019
25. Measuring Influence with Daniel Sanchez Keeping track of influencers and their contribution to your programs doesn't have to be hard. Daniel Sanchez co-founded Influencity to help companies engage influencers on Instagram and more.
info_outline Ending Modern Slavery with Matt Friedman, CEO, The Mekong Club 05/29/2019
Ending Modern Slavery with Matt Friedman, CEO, The Mekong Club Over 45 million people in 167 countries are trapped in what is known as “modern slavery,” with seven out of ten of these victims directly related to the private sector.
info_outline After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle: Interview with Diana Wu David 05/15/2019
After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle: Interview with Diana Wu David The way we work has changed already, and more disruption is on the horizon. Whether participating in the "gig economy" or not, there's no doubt how we work will continue to morph. How do you prepare yourself?
info_outline After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle | Getting on Boards with Gordon Orr 04/10/2019
After Breakfast @ Asia Insight Circle | Getting on Boards with Gordon Orr Gordon Orr, former Asia chairman at global management consulting firm McKinsey & Company, recently spoke about "Getting on Boards." He shared his insights into the Board selection process, expected obligations, and how to position yourself for consideration for public, private and pro-bono boards.
info_outline 21. Business is Personal with Penny Power OBE 02/26/2019
21. Business is Personal with Penny Power OBE Making breakthroughs in business isn't easy. In fact, it can get quite difficult. Really personal. Ask Penny Power - she's learned a lot of hard lessons, and is willing to share them all.
info_outline 20. Being Authentic with Charlene Li 02/18/2019
20. Being Authentic with Charlene Li In 2008 Charlene Li published “Groundswell,” a seminal work that detailed how companies should understand and leverage new internet technologies – well before many of today’s most familiar apps were invented. In today’s podcast, Charlene Li discusses the importance of authenticity and transparency in leadership. The best managed companies make the mission, vision and values come alive daily in their actions and words.
info_outline 18. The Growth Director's Secret with Andy Brent 01/31/2019
18. The Growth Director's Secret with Andy Brent Andy Brent explores the intersection of marketing and neuroscience, showing how understanding subconscious drivers can create a strong connection with consumers. Every sale has a moment of emotional impact - whether it's an airline ticket or a ball bearing.
info_outline Asia Insight Circle | #MeToo & Reputation Risk | Podcast with Karen See 01/29/2019
Asia Insight Circle | #MeToo & Reputation Risk | Podcast with Karen See At a recent meeting of Asia Insight Circle, CEO coach Karen See discussed #MeToo and reputation risk. The stress and upset damage the victim and end the careers of the perpetrators. How a company responds to cases of #MeToo within their ranks is important. Companies need to know how to manage these cases promptly and fairly. Otherwise they risk getting condemned alongside the perpetrators.
info_outline 16. Faster than Normal with Peter Shankman 01/14/2019
16. Faster than Normal with Peter Shankman Peter wrote the best-seller"Faster than Normal" - a book based on his life's learnings and his very successful podcast series. This "how to" manual describes ways to manage life's complexities using the tools and techniques Peter developed to manage his ADHD. Instead of viewing a different way of thinking as a disability, Peter sees only the benefits. And teaching millions how to live positively with ADHD has had a profound impact on others.
info_outline 15. Bad Crypto's Good Guy Travis Wright 12/17/2018
15. Bad Crypto's Good Guy Travis Wright Travis is co-host of "Bad Crypto Podcast" - one of the fastest growing podcasts today. It's also the #1 source for straight news on the worlds of BitCoins, ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings), and all things crypto-currency.
info_outline 14. Making Makers with Bay McLaughlin 12/03/2018
14. Making Makers with Bay McLaughlin Everyone in the technology industry in Shenzhen and Hong Kong knows Bay McLaughlin. He's synonymous with Greater Bay Tech and specifically the maker's market (the old school where people actually fabricate something technological, whether sensors, robots, devices, or more. To attract potential partner companies, Bay travels and speaks and uses social media aggressively.
info_outline 12. Understanding Influencers with Guy Avigdor 11/29/2018
12. Understanding Influencers with Guy Avigdor Guy Avigdor is a man on a mission. He's passionate about influencers, and wants the world to better understand their power - and their limitations. Several years ago he founded Klear, an online analytical software that tracks influencers and their followers. Today the platform is one of the world's leaders for anyone considering influencer relations.
info_outline 13. In Singapore with mrbrown 11/29/2018
13. In Singapore with mrbrown Kin Mun Lee - aka mrbrown - is a hometown hero. People marched in the streets when his column was canceled. Government censorship was the culprit. Kin Mun was called out by the Prime Minister, too. That earned him attention (if his wildly popular column wasn't enough!). But from there he won the nation's hearts. He speaks openly. He blogs about everything. He's on blogs, podcasts, and YouTube - as himself, and as popular characters he's invented.
info_outline 11. New Power with Henry Timms 11/15/2018
11. New Power with Henry Timms "You couldn’t wish for two better people to write this explanation and exploration of new power than Henry Timms and Jeremy Heimans... Timms is executive director of 92nd Street Y, a cultural centre. He had the idea of #GivingTuesday to encourage philanthropic acts (inspired by the capitalistic Black Friday). Like all good memes, it has been adopted and adapted globally, and is a perfect example of how, as the two men note, “a movement is successful when it moves on its own”."