The Natural Modern Family Podcast
We love making natural living easy for YOU. Join us - Dr. Isaac Jones and Erica Jones, MHS - as we discuss life changing wellness strategies in a whole new way!
info_outline 108. 7 Simple Tips to Create High Energy Days 01/14/2022
108. 7 Simple Tips to Create High Energy Days If you are struggling with staying energized and focused throughout your day, you’re not alone. Been there, done that, never going back. In this episode, I’m sharing how to get more energy naturally—7 simple tips— and all I’m asking is that you start with ONE. Trust me. It will be a game changer. After tuning in, you’ll discover the best breakfast that gives you energy, supplements for more energy, and the one thing you might not be doing that’s wreaking havoc on your energy levels.
info_outline 109. How to Use Essential Oils for Hormone Support 01/14/2022
109. How to Use Essential Oils for Hormone Support Whether it’s period issues, hot flashes, acne, anxiety, brain fog, or full-blown adrenal fatigue, essential oils can help. In this episode, Erica is diving into the best essential oils for hormone balance:
info_outline 107. 5 Proven Ways to Boost Your Libido 01/07/2022
107. 5 Proven Ways to Boost Your Libido If you want to learn how to improve libido, this episode is for you. Erica dives into the top 6 causes of low libido, some of which may surprise you. She shares 5 ways to increase sex drive naturally including the top foods, supplements, and products to avoid.
info_outline 106. 4 Natural Strategies for Healthy, Gorgeous Hair 12/31/2021
106. 4 Natural Strategies for Healthy, Gorgeous Hair How to get healthy hair naturally, that is the question. In this episode, Erica has the answer. She’s sharing 4 natural strategies for healthy, gorgeous hair. You’ll discover the relationship between collagen and hair growth (including her favorite collagen product!), the best essential oils for hair growth, how to scalp massage, and more. If you don’t want to buy expensive products that don’t fulfill their promises, this episode is for you.
info_outline 105. 5 Steps to Reclaim Your Calm in 2022 12/31/2021
105. 5 Steps to Reclaim Your Calm in 2022 Do you feel like your life is too chaotic? Are you overwhelmed on a daily basis? In this episode, I’m going to show you how to simplify your life. Consider this episode a guide to redesigning your life so that you can love the life you live! I’ll talk about why it’s crucial to understand the relationship of stress and adrenal fatigue. You’ll learn the power behind a regular self check in and my 4 other tips for reclaiming your calm and power in 2022.
info_outline 104. A Natural Approach to Depression and Anxiety with Dr. Nicole Cain 12/23/2021
104. A Natural Approach to Depression and Anxiety with Dr. Nicole Cain If you suffer from depression and anxiety and are looking for support, this episode is for you. Erica sits down with Dr. Nicole Cain, a naturopathic doctor with an expertise in natural and integrative solutions for anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and other conditions. In this episode, Dr. Cain talks about weaning off antidepressants, natural depression supplements, and more. You’ll learn accessible solutions to support your mood, what anxiety actually is, and how you can wake up into a life you lov
info_outline 103. 3 Things You're Doing Wrong With Your Coffee 12/23/2021
103. 3 Things You're Doing Wrong With Your Coffee In this episode, Erica is answering one of the most common questions she gets: “Is coffee unhealthy?” Spoiler: you don’t have to give up your cup of Joe just yet, just maybe the way you’re drinking it. You’ll discover the 3 things you’re doing wrong with your coffee including topics on drinking coffee while fasting and using your coffee as a meal. She dives into the best ways to switch up your coffee routine including Bulletproof Coffee benefits.
info_outline 102: A Functional Approach to Headaches, Hormone Imbalances, and Stress With Dr. Meg Mill 12/17/2021
102: A Functional Approach to Headaches, Hormone Imbalances, and Stress With Dr. Meg Mill In this episode, Erica sits down with Dr. Meg Mill and talk about a functional approach to headaches, hormone imbalances, and stress. If you’re looking for answers and root causes and explanations of your symptoms, this is a must-listen. She answers common questions like “how does caffeine affect sleep? What are the root causes of headaches during my cycle?” and more!
info_outline 101. Electrolytes, Dehydration and Adrenal Fatigue 12/09/2021
101. Electrolytes, Dehydration and Adrenal Fatigue Why is dehydration dangerous? Staying adequately hydrated is essential for detoxification, energy, cognitive function, beautiful skin, and more. When your body is dehydrated, it can lead to low energy, poor brain function, skin issues, and—what Erica is getting into today: adrenal fatigue. In this episode, Erica is diving into the dangers of dehydration & adrenal fatigue, and how to properly hydrate for optimal health. You’ll discover the benefits of electrolytes and Erica’s favorite electrolytes powd
info_outline 100. Can Going Vegan Mess With Your Hormones? 12/09/2021
100. Can Going Vegan Mess With Your Hormones? Maybe you've heard that going vegan can help your hormones. Perhaps you are already vegan but are struggling with hormone issues. So what gives—can going vegan mess with your hormones, or can it help your hormones?! While bio-individuality should always be a focus, there are some things that a modern vegan plant-based diet gets wrong when it comes to happy, healthy hormone levels. In this episode, we unpack what the vegan diet is, the pros and cons and how it can affect your hormones.
info_outline 99. Hormonal Acne Fixes That Really Work 12/02/2021
99. Hormonal Acne Fixes That Really Work Hormonal acne is the WORST. It feels like there’s nothing you can do about it and simple solutions aren’t exactly clear. Well, that changes today, girl. In this episode, I’m sharing 3 hormonal acne fixes that really work.
info_outline 98. Decoding Hormone Headaches 12/02/2021
98. Decoding Hormone Headaches I don’t know one woman that has not dealt with hormone headaches at some point or other in her life. If that’s you or you’ve felt like the only option is conventional over-the-counter treatments, you’re going to love this episode.
info_outline 97: How to Use Essential Oils for Better Beauty Sleep 11/26/2021
97: How to Use Essential Oils for Better Beauty Sleep Every woman wants to feel good in their skin—and while there are tons of companies talking about the latest skincare products, they are missing a huge piece! Good quality sleep. In this episode, Erica is talking about the strategies for sleep and the best essential oils for sleep. You may be surprised to learn that the top essential oils in skincare also roll over into the night for deep sleep, quality z’s and glowing morning skin.
info_outline 96: Should You Go Gluten Free to Improve Energy? 11/26/2021
96: Should You Go Gluten Free to Improve Energy? Is gluten harmful? If you’re dealing with low energy daily, this episode is a must-listen. One of the reasons to go gluten-free is actually to support energy levels. In this episode, Dr. Jones and Erica are talking about gluten and whether or not following a gluten-free diet plan can improve energy levels.
info_outline 95. Dr. Shannon Curtis on her Post-Pill Journey, Natural Remedies for Acne, and Herbs for Hormones 11/18/2021
95. Dr. Shannon Curtis on her Post-Pill Journey, Natural Remedies for Acne, and Herbs for Hormones What are the negative effects of birth control? In this episode, Shannon Curtis ND is sharing all about her post-pill healing journey. The herbalist, holistic women’s health practitioner, and founder of Wild Roots Alchemy is a wealth of knowledge. We get into all the good stuff: natural remedies for acne, healing food, cleansing herbs, and more. If you’re struggling with hormonal imbalance, skin issues, and/or period problems, this is a must-listen.
info_outline 94. 6 Stimulants Robbing Your Sleep 11/18/2021
94. 6 Stimulants Robbing Your Sleep Why can’t I sleep? If you can’t fall asleep at night, or don’t get enough sleep, your energy will be shot the next day. You might be surprised at what is robbing you of your energy and sleep, though. In this episode, we’re talking about 6 stimulants that are horrible for high energy and quality sleep. By now we know that coffee and caffeine is horrible for sleep and energy. That’s old news—but did you know that for some people it's worse? In this episode, we’re talking about why + a few other
info_outline 92. Blood Sugar, Acne and Adrenal Fatigue 11/11/2021
92. Blood Sugar, Acne and Adrenal Fatigue Can low blood sugar cause tiredness? Can high blood sugar make you tired? And what is the relationship between acne and sugar? Dr. Jones and Erica talk all about blood sugar in this episode, and it’s relationship with acne and adrenal fatigue.
info_outline 93. 6 Natural Remedies for Deeper, More Rejuvenating Beauty Sleep 11/11/2021
93. 6 Natural Remedies for Deeper, More Rejuvenating Beauty Sleep How to get deeper sleep—that is the question. And in this episode, you’ll find the answer. Dr. Jones and Erica are sharing the benefits of deep sleep and their top 6 natural remedies for more rejuvenating beauty sleep
info_outline 91. 6 Signs You're Headed Straight for Adrenal Fatigue 11/04/2021
91. 6 Signs You're Headed Straight for Adrenal Fatigue Hormone imbalance in women is more common than ever. If you’re experiencing common burnout symptoms like insomnia, brain fog, anxiety, and low energy—you may have adrenal fatigue. In this episode, Erica dives into the top 6 signs that you’re headed straight for adrenal fatigue and advice to avoid full blown AF.
info_outline 90. 8 Bad Food Habits Creating Unnecessary Stress 11/04/2021
90. 8 Bad Food Habits Creating Unnecessary Stress Stress in modern life is unavoidable: like from the toxins in our air. But then there is avoidable stress, like bad food habits. Do you have bad eating habits? In this episode, Erica shares 8 food habits that create unnecessary stress in your life and how to fix them.
info_outline 89. Why Your Doctor Won't Help You With Adrenal Fatigue 10/28/2021
89. Why Your Doctor Won't Help You With Adrenal Fatigue Are you experiencing adrenal fatigue symptoms but your hormone panel test still came back normal? We know how frustrating it can be to go to the doctor and leave with no answers. In this episode, Erica and Dr. Jones dive into why big pharma is bad (or not necessary in a lot of situations). They share the best tips for being your own healer and how you can take control of your health today.
info_outline 87. Reclaim Your Calm with Abi Taugwalder 10/21/2021
87. Reclaim Your Calm with Abi Taugwalder Keep calm and carry on. Easier said than done right? Not for empowerment coach and founder of Abi’s Journal, Abi Taugwalder. She believes that there are simple and accessible ways to calm down and care for your loved ones—without putting yourself on the back burner. In this episode, Erica and Abi dive into their experience as multi-faceted mothers who are following their dreams. If you’re looking for inspiration and a new perspective on stress and self care, this is a must-listen.
info_outline 88. Why Am I So Tired? 7 More Key Signs of Adrenal Fatigue (part 2) 10/21/2021
88. Why Am I So Tired? 7 More Key Signs of Adrenal Fatigue (part 2) In part two of our two part episode Why Am I So Tired, we’re discussing 7 more key signs of adrenal fatigue. If you can't seem to quit caffeine or find mental clarity, this episode is for you.
info_outline 86. Why Am I So Tired? 5 Key Signs of Adrenal Fatigue (part 1) 10/21/2021
86. Why Am I So Tired? 5 Key Signs of Adrenal Fatigue (part 1) You’re tired all the time and can’t seem to think straight. It’s not like you, but life feels like it’s happening to you nonstop. Chances are, you're struggling from adrenal fatigue. But what are the symptoms of adrenal fatigue? In this episode, we talk about the 5 key signs of adrenal fatigue including salty food cravings and more.
info_outline 85. 5 Fall Skincare Strategies for Flawless Skin 10/15/2021
85. 5 Fall Skincare Strategies for Flawless Skin As the weather changes, so should your skincare routine. Fall is here, which means drier, cooler weather. In this episode, Erica dives into 5 strategies for fall skincare. You’ll learn about the oil cleansing method, bone broth benefits for skin, collagen products, and more. If you want the best tips and tools for supporting a radiant glow this season, this is a must-listen.
info_outline 84. Adrenal Fatigue, Leaky Gut & Wild Hormones 10/15/2021
84. Adrenal Fatigue, Leaky Gut & Wild Hormones Are you dealing with adrenal fatigue? Up to 80 percent of Americans suffer from adrenal fatigue at some point in their life, but it's hardly ever addressed. In this episode, we’re connecting the dots between adrenal fatigue, leaky gut, and hormone imbalances. Learn how you can address adrenal fatigue to help with leaky gut and hormone imbalances before they lead to more serious issues.
info_outline 82. Iodine for Hormone Support - What You Need to Know 10/07/2021
82. Iodine for Hormone Support - What You Need to Know Iodine deficiency is at the root cause of many health issues we’re seeing today: memory loss, depression, infertility, constipation, repeated infections, thyroid dysfunction, hormone imbalances, and more. In this episode, we’re talking about iodine for hormone support and overall wellness. You’ll learn about what we think of iodine supplements, our favorite iodine rich foods, and more.
info_outline 83. 3 Things That Will Transform Your Skin with Caroline Frenette 10/07/2021
83. 3 Things That Will Transform Your Skin with Caroline Frenette Caroline Frenette is a green beauty junkie, essential oil alchemist, and the founder of Journey To Glow, a platform and podcast helping women heal from rosacea and other common skin issues, naturally. In this episode, we dive deep into nutrition for healthy skin, and talk about surprising rosacea triggers. If you’re interested in learning about holistic skin health and what role intuition plays in your healing journey, this is a must listen.
info_outline 80. Healthy Fats for Happy Hormones 09/30/2021
80. Healthy Fats for Happy Hormones Are your hormones out of whack? If you’ve been feeling moody, tired, overloaded, and/or unbalanced, your hormones could use some love. If you want to know how you can support hormone health and wellness, tune into this episode. We’re talking about how healthy fats can help balance hormones. You’ll learn about healthy fats vs unhealthy fats, our favorite healthy fat meals, and more.
info_outline 81. Bone Broth for Immunity and Gut Support 09/30/2021
81. Bone Broth for Immunity and Gut Support Did you know that one of the best ways to support a healthy immune system is via the gut? With cold weather on the horizon, we’re looking for the yummiest ways to support gut health for ironclad immunity. Enter bone broth. In this episode, we’re diving into bone broth for immune system strength and bone broth for gut healing. Nourishing your body has never been so cozy and delicious. Tune in to discover the top 3 benefits of bone broth and the 4 mistakes to avoid when making bone bone.