Stories Of You Podcast
Stories Of You is about our lives, our personal journeys, our experiences. It's a documentary style podcast that lets people tell their stories.
info_outline 10) About Olivia 06/24/2017
10) About Olivia This story is about Olivia Penna. Olivia was diagnosed with Stargardt disease at the age of 14. She talks about school. We hear how her family came to terms with her vision impairment. She tells us about university. She talks about raising her daughter Lulu. She's had some great experiences. She's also had some challenges. Tune in to episode 10 of the Stories Of You Podcast - About Olivia. Our definition of Stargardts used in the episode was taken from the National Eye Institute website: https://nei.nih.gov/health/stargardt/star_facts
info_outline 9) The Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune - Geoff's Story 05/28/2017
9) The Slings and Arrows of Outrageous Fortune - Geoff's Story Geoff is an Educational Psychologist. His story is about his parents and the challenges they had while growing up. It also tells the story of Geoff, why he became a psychologist and how he came to work with students who are vision impaired. Geoff's story of personal challenges, resilience and his passion to guide others makes for an engaging story. If you enjoy the episode, would you mind popping over to the iTunes Store or Podcasts app and giving the show a rating and review. Also, during the episode, there is a reference to statistics on bullying of school students. If you would like more information on the research quoted, you can find it here: https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/children-who-bully-school/understanding-school-bullying You can find Stories of You on Facebook and Twitter. Twitter: http://twitter.com/soypodcast Facebook: http://facebook.com/storiesofyoupodcast The show website is: http://storiesofyoupodcast.com if you'd like to say hi!
info_outline 8) The Fashion-Eyesta 05/03/2017
8) The Fashion-Eyesta Fashioneyesta is a blog, a YouTube channel and a podcast that aim to challenge myths and stereotypes about fashion and disability. In episode 8 of the Stories Of You Podcast - we chat to Emily Davison - about her own experiences of disability and her love for fashion, style and disability. You can check out Emily’s blog here: www.fashioneyesta.com - there’s links there to her podcast and YouTube channel. She’s also on social media as well: Twitter: @fashioneyesta Facebook: www.facebook.com/fashioneyesta
info_outline 6) The Path Less Travelled - The Journey Of David Francey 09/05/2015
6) The Path Less Travelled - The Journey Of David Francey David Francey was born in Scotland but grew up in Canada with his family. He worked as a construction worker for about 20 years and eventually took a trip down the path less travelled and became a folk singer/songwriter.
info_outline 5) Senior Moments - The Chelsea Computer Users Group 08/15/2015
5) Senior Moments - The Chelsea Computer Users Group Sibling duo Carrie & Chris Ewin are out to help senior citizens learn to use technology. From PCs to iPads and everything inbetween.
info_outline 4) Access Denied - A Journey From India To Australia 08/01/2015
4) Access Denied - A Journey From India To Australia Simran Kaur is a well qualified Social Worker from India. Her moving personal account of the trials faced growing up and being educated in India with low vision are inspirational.
info_outline 2) Interview With A Photographer - Who Has A Guide Dog 07/04/2015
2) Interview With A Photographer - Who Has A Guide Dog Andrew Follows is a professional photographer with a difference. His vision condition, retinitis pigmentosa, renders him legally blind. Andrew's ability to overcome the hurdles presented to him as a blind photographer makes for an engaging, fascinating and inspirational story.
info_outline 1) Meet Dorothy Hamilton - The Piano Woman 06/20/2015
1) Meet Dorothy Hamilton - The Piano Woman Dorothy Hamilton was the first blind woman in the southern hemosphere to obtain a Music degree, she worked as a music teacher at an all-girls school in Melbourne, raised four children and set up a Braille Music Camp (which in 2015 celebrated its 30th year).